Smoking 2 kinds of meat at a time.....

Discussion in 'Pork' started by michfish30, Aug 20, 2010.

1. michfish30

michfish30 Newbie

Is this recommended?  Not recommended?  Crazy?

I want to smoke a pork butt and a beef brisket.   Can I put them in the smoker together?     I have a MES - so one will have to be on top, with the other underneath.   I am thinking Brisket on top, with Pork Butt under?

Toughts?

This is my 2nd attempt at smoking.....  

2. jbg4208

jbg4208 StickBurners

Fish, Yes you can smoke more than one meat at a time. As to the order , I would think you should be fine either way. I've heard other mention that they have done pork on top of brisket without a problem.

Seems like I heard somewhere that the order should be pork, beef, chicken. Going from top to bottom. (if this is true i don't know) but i do know chicken for sure on the bottom.

Happy smoking

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  3. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Michfish30, Yes you can multiple meats at one time, just make sure Poultry is on the bottom.

Try to put the close to the same area of heat so you have a better idea of the temps.Butts and Brisket are (IMHO)an easy pair as they both go into a stall.However if 1 weights quite a bit less than the other,put the bigger one on first,calculate the cooking time(1.5hrs./[email protected]*F).

This way you will have them coming off at about the same time; not always, but most the time I mix meats.

Here is a recipe for a white sauce(suppost to be BOB GIBSON'S)-

2-cups-Mayonaise

1-cup- White Vinegar

1/2 cup-Apple juice

2 tablespoons-Horseradish

2 teaspoons-Black Pepper(ground)

1 teaspoon -Salt

1/2 teaspoon - Cayenne

Mix well and serve at room temp. Stay well for two weeks,if it last the day!

[​IMG]

Oops, I got carried away again,had chicken on my mind(or the space in my head)- 

Have fun and,

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010