Smoking 2 kinds of meat at a time.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

michfish30

Original poster
Aug 16, 2010
Utah
Is this recommended?  Not recommended?  Crazy?

I want to smoke a pork butt and a beef brisket.   Can I put them in the smoker together?     I have a MES - so one will have to be on top, with the other underneath.   I am thinking Brisket on top, with Pork Butt under?

Toughts?

This is my 2nd attempt at smoking.....  

Fish, Yes you can smoke more than one meat at a time. As to the order , I would think you should be fine either way. I've heard other mention that they have done pork on top of brisket without a problem.

Seems like I heard somewhere that the order should be pork, beef, chicken. Going from top to bottom. (if this is true i don't know) but i do know chicken for sure on the bottom.

Happy smoking

Last edited:
   Michfish30, Yes you can multiple meats at one time, just make sure Poultry is on the bottom.

Try to put the close to the same area of heat so you have a better idea of the temps.Butts and Brisket are (IMHO)an easy pair as they both go into a stall.However if 1 weights quite a bit less than the other,put the bigger one on first,calculate the cooking time(1.5hrs./lb.@220*F).

This way you will have them coming off at about the same time; not always, but most the time I mix meats.

Here is a recipe for a white sauce(suppost to be BOB GIBSON'S)-

2-cups-Mayonaise

1-cup- White Vinegar

1/2 cup-Apple juice

2 tablespoons-Horseradish

2 teaspoons-Black Pepper(ground)

1 teaspoon -Salt

1/2 teaspoon - Cayenne

Mix well and serve at room temp. Stay well for two weeks,if it last the day!

PDT_Armataz_01_04.gif

Oops, I got carried away again,had chicken on my mind(or the space in my head)- 

Have fun and,

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky