Smokin' Strings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

txflyguy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
Ok, round two. String Cheese. Hope it turns out good as this is a first for me.

P1030329.JPG
P1030330.JPG

I Love smoked cheeses!
Hope yours comes out great!

Trouble round here is, nobody else does.
I smoked up a 5 pound block, cut into smaller pieces.
Came out good, but I'm up to my ears now... LOL! :D

Wow I have smoked cheese for awhile now, never thought to do mozzarella sticks! How long do you typically smoke something that small?

I did 4 hours. The cheese took on a nice light golden brown hue. The temp was 65 degrees in the chamber. It will be ready in a couple weeks!

Reactions: Goofball
Ok, having been sampling some. It is very good. But I think it will improve with age. The smoke flavor is a bit strong (I like that!), and it has just a hint of off flavor. In time that should mellow out.

I used leftover Hickory from smoking some bbb, using the amazin pellet smoker maze thing. I think I did it around 4 hours like you suggested. Temp never got noticeably hot enough to even bother looking at the temp gauge.

I Love Smoked Cheese, especially Moz String Cheese.
However I haven't done any in a long time, because cheese is so expensive at my stores.
I can often get "Choice" Prime Rib for less $$ than Cheese.

Bear

String cheese is one cheese that I haven't gotten right. Both times I've tried, it seems to come out kinda rubbery, and I give to the guys at work. Who would probably eat smoked dog poo if I put it on a plate at work and said have at it.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky