Smokin some meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smkryng

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 14, 2017
Decided to give smoked meatloaf a try, and I’m glad I did. The wife made her usual meatloaf and I threw it in the smoker last night after supper for tonight.
A372147E-F3CC-4FCB-B2FD-F299A57756C8.jpeg

Let em go for right at 4 hours at 275 over mesquite pellets.
9DE1DF0D-1C73-491E-8440-00F7AE4F4A76.jpeg

Put some glaze on top at about 150 IT an pulled it at 165. Threw it under the broiler to caramelize the glaze, tented immediately with foil and right to the fridge. Sliced it up, heated it up and served with grean beans and mashed taters. Man is this stuff good!
9BEF1F76-0FE3-4C3A-86F1-7D16C28EFEB2.jpeg

Nice loaf! Meat loaf never gets old. I’d be fine with it almost every night

Fantastic looking meatloaf!
It looks delicious!
Nicely done & congrats on making the carousel!
Al

Nice Meatloaf. Once you start smoking them, it’s hard to go back using the oven.

Decided to give smoked meatloaf a try, and I’m glad I did. The wife made her usual meatloaf and I threw it in the smoker last night after supper for tonight.
View attachment 372439
Let em go for right at 4 hours at 275 over mesquite pellets.
View attachment 372440
Put some glaze on top at about 150 IT an pulled it at 165. Threw it under the broiler to caramelize the glaze, tented immediately with foil and right to the fridge. Sliced it up, heated it up and served with grean beans and mashed taters. Man is this stuff good!View attachment 372441
Meat Loaf and Bacon Wrapped are two of my regular favorites on the smoker.

Nice loaf! Meat loaf never gets old. I’d be fine with it almost every night
Very true, plus we had a whole loaf leftover that’s gonna make some great sandwiches. And thanks for the like!

Looks very good. If you haven’t tried it yet, I highly recommend doing a stuffed meatloaf.
I did a fattie a while back the stuffing would have worked well with the beef for sure.

Fantastic looking meatloaf!
It looks delicious!
Nicely done & congrats on making the carousel!
Al
Thanks Al! Also thanks for the points and the carousel ride!

Nice Meatloaf. Once you start smoking them, it’s hard to go back using the oven.

Yeah I can see where regular ole meatloaf from an oven could be a bit boring now for sure. Smoke sure takes things to a new level! Thanks for the like!

Meat Loaf and Bacon Wrapped are two of my regular favorites on the smoker.

I’m gonna have to do a bacon wrapped one sometime. Thanks for the like!

Looks like a great meatloaf, smoking them takes it to a whole new level.

Point for sure.

Chris

I never liked meatloaf the way my mother prepared it with breadcrumbs, but my wife introduced me to oatmeal based meatloaf and I loved it. Cooking it on the smoker makes it even better for me - dries the outer part into a crust that you don't get in the oven.

Looks like a great meatloaf, smoking them takes it to a whole new level.

Point for sure.

Chris
It sure did, and thanks for the points!

I never liked meatloaf the way my mother prepared it with breadcrumbs, but my wife introduced me to oatmeal based meatloaf and I loved it. Cooking it on the smoker makes it even better for me - dries the outer part into a crust that you don't get in the oven.
My wife usually uses crackers or breadcrumbs but used oatmeal this time. I think it gave it a whole different texture. Also, thanks for the like.

I hear ya. Oatmeal is how I prefer mine...never use Ritz crackers. Did that once and it was like a giant pool of grease came out..and didn't add much to the flavour.

Looks great, a fine dinner.
Yep, stuffed meatloaf and/or bacon wrapped meatloaf.
Stuff and bacon wrap it, and it's just a big beef fattie.
Like!
It sure was. A big beef fattie with some pizza filling may be my next project. It’s also nice that these cook quick enough to do in the evenings through the week. Thanks for the like!

That looks fantastic!
I’ve always loved meatloaf. Growing up mom always made it sweet, but as I’ve gotten older I like making it with more of a tangy/spicy flavor. I’ve been wanting to cook one on the smoker so bad. I’m gonna have to try it SOON!
Thanks for posting!

That looks fantastic!
I’ve always loved meatloaf. Growing up mom always made it sweet, but as I’ve gotten older I like making it with more of a tangy/spicy flavor. I’ve been wanting to cook one on the smoker so bad. I’m gonna have to try it SOON!
Thanks for posting!
Go for it man! You definitely won’t be sorry. Thanks for the like!

That looks super good, I love meatloaf and the leftovers for sandwiches.

If you decide to use ground turkey in lieu of 80/20 beef, I strongly suggest leaving it in the meatloaf pan in the smoker. It will try out. Personal experience on this one.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky