smokin my beef now Qview.........

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bob1961

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 15, 2010
lackawaxen, PA.
well i'm smokin my 3.5 lb roast to temp of 145 med rare and slice bout 1" steaks or a bit thicker, not yet sure....then slap them back in the smoker to smoke the sliced sides....

bbd4a7e3_smoker%20042.jpg

i'm using cherry wood for smoke....

491f11ff_smoker%20043.jpg

with apple juice spritzin....my question i have is how long should i smoke after the steaks are back in each side and should i use rub too.............bob

Last edited:
Reactions: thunderdome
Bob personally I wouldn't put them back in after the meat has already hit the target temp of 145 doing so may lead to drying them out and over cooking them.

wow 21 views and no body chimed in....well i reached target temp of 145 and letting it sit bout 30 minutes before slicing it....

c724123f_smoker%20044.jpg

since it is only 1:30pm now i might let it sit to cool, then fire up smoker later for dinner before resmoking the steaks for bout 15 minutes a side then yum yum
icon_mrgreen.gif
 .............bob

Looks good, can't wait to see the sliced pics!

Maybe sear them on the grill for a minute to reheat?  Just an idea.

It looks awesome
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Dare I say nuke it or use a steamer. I have an electric rice steamer and it works great for providing moist heat to reheat food.

i'm not gonna stick it in the fridge till dinner, maybe foil it and slice it later then a few minutes in the smoker then to reheat....thought bout nukin them, but naaa lol............bob

Last edited:
AWESOME!

I don't care what you do from here out with that beautiful hunk of goodness, but please don't forget the pics of it sliced. My heart can't take missing such a treat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hungry Bear

PS: Should I take 402, then Rt 6, or should I just go right up 209 for Dinner?

Last edited:
AWESOME!

I don't care what you do from here out with that beautiful hunk of goodness, but please don't forget the pics of it sliced. My heart can't take missing such a treat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hungry Bear

PS: Should I take 402, then Rt 6, or should I just go right up 209 for Dinner?
lol, i'm bout 15/20 miles from 402 and rt 6 and bout 1 mile from the roeblin bridge crossing in to N.Y....

i'm not slicing it till dinner time bout 5/6pm.......bob

Last edited:
bear i was looking for a thread you posted the dove nest behind your bear carving on your house....did you post them in someones else's thread or start one, thx..........bob

Last edited:
Can you hear the chants???

"sliiiice it"

"sliiiice it"

"sliiiice it"

lol... I know you have plan. Waiting till dinner time. Just don't forget to post later. Oh... hear that? A new chant.

"we want pics"

"we want pics"

"we want pics"

Thanks!

Can you hear the chants???

"sliiiice it"

"sliiiice it"

"sliiiice it"

lol... I know you have plan. Waiting till dinner time. Just don't forget to post later. Oh... hear that? A new chant.

"we want pics"

"we want pics"

"we want pics"

Thanks!
LOL----Good one!

Bear

cool.gif

I would use a steamer to re-heat it for it will not dry out your roast. You could use a colander and a big pot and make a steamer pot to re-heat it.

well everyone here are the slices....

b6cf3aa3_smoker%20045.jpg

look at the holes in the center where it is ready to fall apart, yum yum juicy....i stuck them back in the smoker at 225 for 10 minutes a side and they came out juicy and tender....they had bout 1/2" smoke ring that made the beeef look like pork, nice and pink and juicy, oh i said juicy already sry....two slices were for dinner and the other 3 are for another day, not sure how i'll have them yet....thinking of a frying pan sear then the oven to reheat them next time....any question just ask.............bob

Last edited:
Reactions: jbg4208
It looks great and I'll bet it tasted even better!!!!!!!!!!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky