smokin my beef now Qview.........

Discussion in 'Beef' started by bob1961, Jun 30, 2010.

1. bob1961

bob1961 Smoking Fanatic

well i'm smokin my 3.5 lb roast to temp of 145 med rare and slice bout 1" steaks or a bit thicker, not yet sure....then slap them back in the smoker to smoke the sliced sides....

[​IMG]

i'm using cherry wood for smoke....

[​IMG]

with apple juice spritzin....my question i have is how long should i smoke after the steaks are back in each side and should i use rub too.............bob

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
    thunderdome likes this.
  2. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Bob personally I wouldn't put them back in after the meat has already hit the target temp of 145 doing so may lead to drying them out and over cooking them.

3. bob1961

bob1961 Smoking Fanatic

wow 21 views and no body chimed in....well i reached target temp of 145 and letting it sit bout 30 minutes before slicing it....

[​IMG]

since it is only 1:30pm now i might let it sit to cool, then fire up smoker later for dinner before resmoking the steaks for bout 15 minutes a side then yum yum [​IMG]  .............bob

4. bob1961

bob1961 Smoking Fanatic

thx piney, but how should i reheat them then..........bob

5. mythmaster

mythmaster Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Looks good, can't wait to see the sliced pics!

Maybe sear them on the grill for a minute to reheat?  Just an idea.

6. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

It looks awesome [​IMG]

Dare I say nuke it or use a steamer. I have an electric rice steamer and it works great for providing moist heat to reheat food.

7. bob1961

bob1961 Smoking Fanatic

i'm not gonna stick it in the fridge till dinner, maybe foil it and slice it later then a few minutes in the smoker then to reheat....thought bout nukin them, but naaa lol............bob

8. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

AWESOME!

I don't care what you do from here out with that beautiful hunk of goodness, but please don't forget the pics of it sliced. My heart can't take missing such a treat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hungry Bear

PS: Should I take 402, then Rt 6, or should I just go right up 209 for Dinner?

9. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Slice it Slice it Slice it. I want to see it.

10. bob1961

bob1961 Smoking Fanatic

lol, i'm bout 15/20 miles from 402 and rt 6 and bout 1 mile from the roeblin bridge crossing in to N.Y....

i'm not slicing it till dinner time bout 5/6pm.......bob

11. bob1961

bob1961 Smoking Fanatic

bear i was looking for a thread you posted the dove nest behind your bear carving on your house....did you post them in someones else's thread or start one, thx..........bob

12. shooter1

shooter1 Smoking Fanatic

Thats lookin real purty!

I'm with rbanster, slice it, slice it and post the pics.

13. smoke_chef

smoke_chef Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Can you hear the chants???

"sliiiice it"

"sliiiice it"

"sliiiice it"

lol... I know you have plan. Waiting till dinner time. Just don't forget to post later. Oh... hear that? A new chant.

"we want pics"

"we want pics"

"we want pics"

Thanks!

14. bearcarver

LOL----Good one!

Bear

15. bearcarver

Bob,

That was under the title, "My Bear Found A Friend".

Here's the link:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/92774/my-bear-found-a-friend

Thanks for remembering,

Bear

16. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

I would use a steamer to re-heat it for it will not dry out your roast. You could use a colander and a big pot and make a steamer pot to re-heat it.

17. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

slice it already, great idea on steamed colander and big pot, That is so simple I never thought of it

18. bob1961

bob1961 Smoking Fanatic

well everyone here are the slices....

[​IMG]

look at the holes in the center where it is ready to fall apart, yum yum juicy....i stuck them back in the smoker at 225 for 10 minutes a side and they came out juicy and tender....they had bout 1/2" smoke ring that made the beeef look like pork, nice and pink and juicy, oh i said juicy already sry....two slices were for dinner and the other 3 are for another day, not sure how i'll have them yet....thinking of a frying pan sear then the oven to reheat them next time....any question just ask.............bob

jbg4208 likes this.
  19. pineywoods

It looks great and I'll bet it tasted even better!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. pandemonium

pandemonium Master of the Pit

Looks great, what cut is that? Sirloin Tip?