Smokin it up in the PNW

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thesmokinoak

Original poster
Nov 30, 2016
Vancouver WA
Hello everyone.  My name is Erick and I just joined today.  While having a passion and admiration for barbeque, I am admittedly new to the game.  However, I am a lifelong service industry worker and I am finally taking a shot and opening up my own place.  I have been working for years on talking my old college roommate and good friend Bryan into moving up to the northwest and partnering with me on a BBQ joint.  Bryan's family is from Austin and Tyler, TX and they have been doing barbeque since the early 40s.  We are converting an old auto garage downtown Vancouver into a full service restaurant and bar.  We are designing and building ourselves, two big offset barrel cookers.  We plan on cooking everything outside, no charcoal, no gas, no electric.  Just the old time German/Czech/Central Texas style using only Oregon White Oak.  (No Post Oak up here).  This is however, both of our's first build and we can use some advice.  Here are a couple pics of the builds so far.  Being in the northwest we are battling the weather and rust causing conditions.  Any and all advice, comments, concerns are welcome.  Thanks friends.  Keep on smokin'.

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a nice cool day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great              people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Now That's a Smoker

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky