Smoker newbie in UK

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Simon Lee

Original poster
Mar 31, 2019
Just thought I’d say hi...living in Northampton, UK. I’m waiting for my first smoker (WSM) to be delivered this week after having used Weber kettles for a few years now, so will be digging through for tips and recipes etc. Cheers!

Reactions: kruizer
Ello Si,and welcome to the forum from Virginia.
If you have any questions,just ask,and they shall be answered.
With all the members that have WSM's here and running a kettle for a few years,you have it made guvna.
I wish I could figure out why this keyboard is typing in the not so queens English.....Cheers!

Reactions: Simon Lee
Hi Simon and welcome to the forum. There are a few of us from the UK who chat here. The Weber kettle is a versatile smoker to begin with and the WSM is a good choice (as is the ProQ) to move on to. You may be interested in a BBQ smoking weekend that we hold each year (this will be our 6th year) and it is not too far from you at Billing Aquadrome. This is a family BBQ meet that is designed for enthusiasts of all abilities and does not involve any competition. If you want to meet others who can help you make the most of your WSM then please come along. It is a free event and will only cost you your camping pitch at Billing if you decided to stay over rather than "commute". You can find more information about it here
Woodsmoke 2019 - National Smokers and BBQ Weekend

Great to have you on board
Wade

Welcome to the site, happy to have ya join the fun.

Chris

Wow...thanks all for the big welcome! Excited waiting for the WSM to arrive....although the boss was distinctly unimpressed when I told her :emoji_laughing:

446E01D0-C6B1-4D32-86D1-550E49B4AA4D.jpeg So I did my first Smoke over Easter weekend....5kg pork butt...15 hours!! Tasted pretty damn good

Reactions: Fran
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky