Smoked Whole Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
After seeing David's whole bird I had to do. I used his brine and added cure. Those Ribs I made lasted me three days so chicken got pushed a day. Ended up a two day brine and air dry one day. Was done in about a hour.

Screenshot_20220829-163800_Inkbird Pro.jpg 20220829_164653.jpg

Some dressing covered in gravy. There you go Robert.

This was some of the best chicken I have had.

20220829_170425.jpg

My Blueberry wine went well with. I am so happy with this. I sampled the Strawberry last week. It has a ways to go but think its going to be good.

20220829_175327.jpg

Going to boil the bones. Plenty lefts overs. I could use some idea's. I would be interested in chilerelleno chilerelleno idea.

20220829_172613.jpg 20220829_172610.jpg

That's it folks.

Attachments

• 20220829_170046.jpg
    20220829_170046.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 9
Looks great Brian, what do you cook it on? Also what is "Some dressing covered in gravy"?

After seeing David's whole bird I had to do. I used his brine and added cure. Those Ribs I made lasted me three days so chicken got pushed a day. Ended up a two day brine and air dry one day. Was done in about a hour.

View attachment 642382 View attachment 642379

Some dressing covered in gravy. There you go Robert.

This was some of the best chicken I have had.

View attachment 642377

My Blueberry wine went well with. I am so happy with this. I sampled the Strawberry last week. It has a ways to go but think its going to be good.

View attachment 642374

Going to boil the bones. Plenty lefts overs. I could use some idea's. I would be interested in chilerelleno chilerelleno idea.

View attachment 642375View attachment 642381

That's it folks.
Looks amazing! Did u have cure in it as well?

Looks delicious Brian! And to top it off chilerelleno chilerelleno is making me hungrier by the minute ! That's a perfect stuffing to gravy ratio!

Ryan

Just do them with Chicken, great done as cheesy chicken rolled tacos
Just add chicken

Reactions: Wurstmeister
Looks good. Wine included.

Sometimes it’s just nice to do chicken. Simple. Quick. Tastes great!!

Good looking dinner you’ve got ther!

Looks great Brian, what do you cook it on? Also what is "Some dressing covered in gravy"?
Stuffing. We called it dressing where I came from.
Blanco pozole
Now that Blanco pozole sounds like as great idea.
Yum!

Brian, that looks great!

- Jason

Looks amazing! Did u have cure in it as well?
Added 1 Tbsp to gallon
Looks delicious Brian! And to top it off chilerelleno chilerelleno is making me hungrier by the minute ! That's a perfect stuffing to gravy ratio!

Ryan
Thanks all. I believe I will be making Blanco pozole. Thanks John.

Brian glad you enjoyed the whole chicken smoke. Ours was wonderful as well.
And like Ryan Brokenhandle Brokenhandle said, nice amount of gravy on the stuffing.

And boy oh boy Chile chilerelleno chilerelleno really came through with some fantastic pretty ideas, I might have to do some myself

David

ps: congrats on the wine turning out to your liking

Brian

I just went over Chile's chilerelleno chilerelleno list and I think you should do his Lasagna. I will be doing this soon
looks and sounds fantastic

This sounds wonderful, and Mona is an Alfredo nut. so win win for me

David

Thanks all. I believe I will be making Blanco pozole. Thanks John.
I highly recommend getting some cheesecloth, use it both as spice bag for all the spices and garlic/onions, and to strain the broth.
Straining the broth really gives a nice blanco/white (clear) broth.
Chicken and hominy sitting in a tasty broth just add garnishes.

Also recommend if using canned hominy that you re-process it.
Wash and rinse, dry and then toast in the oven till edges start to develop some color, big difference in flavor.

I highly recommend getting some cheesecloth, use it both as spice bag for all the spices and garlic/onions, and to strain the broth.
Straining the broth really gives a nice blanco/white (clear) broth.
Chicken and hominy sitting in a tasty broth just add garnishes.

Also recommend if using canned hominy that you re-process it.
Wash and rinse, dry and then toast in the oven till edges start to develop some color, big difference in flavor.
My stomach is growling!

Ryan

Reactions: chilerelleno
Brian glad you enjoyed the whole chicken smoke. Ours was wonderful as well.
And like Ryan Brokenhandle Brokenhandle said, nice amount of gravy on the stuffing.

And boy oh boy Chile chilerelleno chilerelleno really came through with some fantastic pretty ideas, I might have to do some myself

David

ps: congrats on the wine turning out to your liking

It was so juicy and tender and great flavor

Brian

I just went over Chile's chilerelleno chilerelleno list and I think you should do his Lasagna. I will be doing this soon
looks and sounds fantastic

This sounds wonderful, and Mona is an Alfredo nut. so win win for me

David

I have enough for couple things. I going to try this but only do half recipe. Was going fishing this morning and started raining as soon as packed jeep. Looks like pop up storms. Very grateful for any rain now. Decided to put off until tomorrow. I on way to store to get noodles.

It was so juicy and tender and great flavor

I have enough for couple things. I going to try this but only do half recipe. Was going fishing this morning and started raining as soon as packed jeep. Looks like pop up storms. Very grateful for any rain now. Decided to put off until tomorrow. I on way to store to get noodles.

Sounds good Brian, too bad about the fishing trip. But always tomorrow.

Can't wait to see your leftover special.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky