Smoked turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sure do but usually in the cooler seasons. Slice half breast for sandwiches then debone rest to use carcass for making soup stock for smoked turkey noodle or rice soup. Man that stuff is bangin!

I do 4-6 a year. I stock the freezer at TG and Christmas when they are 39 cents to $1 a lb. I've done two since TG. I've still got at least three in the freezer.

Was going to thaw one last week for soup and sandwiches, but we've had rain, rain, and more rain, so it's been non-smoked Italian food, then my special fried chicken and gravy.

Last edited:
I do turkey breast in my Smokin-It #3 every 2-3 months and before vacation to take camping.

Why limit it to Thanksgiving? Smoke it spatchcocked then use left overs for sandwiches and Turkey tortilla soup. Plus try to do a couple of breast a year.

I got a 13 lb Butterball in the deep-freeze right now. Waiting till the weather gets a little nicer to fire up the stick burner. Smoked turkey is a big hit year round!!

This empty-nester ran out of leftovers in the freezer so I started a Turk brining yesterday.
20190408_050742.jpg

Why limit it to Thanksgiving? Smoke it spatchcocked then use left overs for sandwiches and Turkey tortilla soup. Plus try to do a couple of breast a year.
Ditto here .... think turkey very underrated and too infrequent ... and don’t even get me started on pumpkin pie!

I also like to spatchcock it most of the time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky