Smoked turkey breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cansmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
First time smoking in awhile as been cooking inside. Weather even been crappy to grill burgers.

Yesterday, I smoked a 1/2 turkey breast in MES for 4 hrs at 240F using hickory. THe breast had been brined overnight and I injected chicken stock before putting into the smoker. Once getting close, I fired up offset and cooked the breast indirect for about 20 minutes to add charcoal smoke flavour. I put the meat over direct or a few minutes JUST CUZ I could :D

Gotta remember injecting trick as it worked well.

Served with pasta salad last night.

Tonight made more like a philly cheese steak. Fried up some bacon (got your attention again?) and fried some mushrooms in the bacon grease with 1/4 sweet pepper. Put some turkey meat in the pan for about a minute. Served on toasted bun with cheddar cheese

Attachments

• Turkey breast for Victoria Day.jpg
    Turkey breast for Victoria Day.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 20230522_182431.jpg
    20230522_182431.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 20230522_182604.jpg
    20230522_182604.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 47
First plate had my attention!!! After reading the write up. Then the sammich sent me over the edge!!! All of it looks mighty good.

Jim

Looks great! I inject mine with Butcher BBQ Bird Booster. A container lasts eons and it’s phenomenal.

It does look delicious! I'll take a plate of each!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky