Smoked Tuna Loaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

white cloud

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 27, 2007
Riley Center MI
I know I dont post a whole lot on here, I am mostly reading and getting ideas. LIke the fatties, great idea and I have made a few, I still want to try the pig candy maybe this weekend. I see alot of you make smoked meatloaf which I gotta try but I love smoked fish and did alot of it about twelve years ago which gave me the idea of smoked tuna loaf or salmon loaf. I used Two 12 oz. cans tuna water packed, (thats the way the wife buy's it) so I used 1/2 stick real butter for the added fat and saute'd, 1 cup of onion chopped and about 1/3 cup celery, then added to the bowl with the drained tuna 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs ( or any kind you have), 1/4 cup quick cooking oats, 2 large eggs and salt and pepper. I formed a loaf and wrapped in plastic wrap and put in the fridge to firm up. I smoked it the next day until the temp was about 160* @ 225* maybe a couple hours. I did'nt use a recipe for the loaf but I imagine you could add green peppers, cheese or whatever and lay some bacon on top, mine was very good but there is always room for improvment. Sorry I don't have any pics my camera uses a 3 1/2" floppy and isn't compatable with my computer any more.Why do they have to keep changing things ?

Yea it was real good, better than in the oven. But like I said there is always room for improvement (well maybe I spleted improvement wrong the first time) I just like to experiment. And I know no one will mess with you at all. Take care

That sounds really good White Cloud.

I think I'm gonna try the salmon loaf! That was an excelent Idea!

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I'm curious about the texture and if it came out too dry, mushy or just right. I like a little lemon or lime juice and other spices - especially dill.

Wife likes this idea alot and we'll be trying it soon.

Thanks for sharing and don't be a stranger!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky