smoked tenderloin with an apple jam rub

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 7, 2006
Valley Forge, PA
I thought why not. This turned out excellent. With the relatively "quick" tenderloin cook, we got a nice carmelization of the jam. I did this before with pineapple jam on salmon and it was better than excellent on that. I'm trying to come up with a list on the manu uses of this type of "glazing"...any ideas?

Taking me back to the way back machine
icon_redface.gif
I believe I just smoked it I would a regular tenderloin, mild dry rub, but then I used apple jelly as a glaze. I have since experimented with different jams and jellies and adding different spices and everything turns out great. Can't wait until it gets a little warmer here to really get going at it...Hubby wants to use a raspberry hot pepper jelly on something, probably a tenderloin..(Better than when he puts it on ice cream!!!)
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky