Smoked some eggs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

custom99

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
Pittsburgh - South Hills
I kept reading about these so I gave them a try. They came out fantastic

I hard boiled the eggs for 7 minutes.

Put them in some cold water to stop them from cooking.

Peeled them and patted them dry.

Into the smoker for 75 minutes with some maple and cherry pellets

9ec984a0_IMAG0164.jpg

They color was really nice. Perfect amount of smoke in 75 minutes. I just sprinkled them with some of my smoked salt and they were fantastic.

22f41466_IMAG0166.jpg

The only thing good about it being 30 degrees outside is you don't have to worry about too much heat when cold smoking. The smoker temp only went to 41 degrees with the AMNPS going.

Love the color on that egg.  Never tried smoked eggs, but I do love hard boiled egg sandwiches.  May have to give these a try.    You said they should be cold smoked for about 45 minute?  I plan on doing some cheese real soon and i may have to throw a dozen eggs in there with it. 

I smoked them for 1 hour 15 minutes. I think it was a perfect amount of smoke. If my first cheese that I did a week ago comes out good I will be putting eggs in with my next batch of cheese.

I smoked my first cheese 9 days ago,,,,,,,,still waiting to try it Lol, but i wanted to throw an egg on there to try but forgot. Next time for sure I will do this.

Fantastic color on those eggs-try them deviled! I cold smoke an 18 ct nearly every week. We love them and hubby takes some with him out of town working. I also make deviled eggs and I've pickled them with hot sausage links! 

I've also soft cooked them and put them on the smoker at 230* (usually about 1.5 hrs) til the shell has a nice color. Yum

Love the color on that egg.  Never tried smoked eggs, but I do love hard boiled egg sandwiches.  May have to give these a try.    You said they should be cold smoked for about 45 minute?  I plan on doing some cheese real soon and i may have to throw a dozen eggs in there with it. 
Al, you have got to try these if you like hard boiled egg sandwiches! Smoking kicks them up a notch!!!!

Smoked deviled eggs huh?   Deviled eggs are one of those traditional  holiday dishes for my family,  maybe next time they'll have a bit of a surprise!

Wife makes beet pickled eggs and hot whit pickled eggs. Then I smoke for 1 1/2 hrs in my Bradley with hickory!.  We do a few dozen at a time. First thing when my kids ,grand kids and friends come in they go right past the fridge. Also they always have an egg in there hand. LOL I like the hot pepper egg. But there both good.

I may try smoking eggs again, but hard boiling them first like you did. when I tried them before I didn't care for them. had a rubbery texture, and very little smoke flavor.  But I just threw them in raw, and hot smoked them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky