Smoked shrimp and cheesy grits

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Cj7851

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 22, 2019
Wheeling, WV
So I experimented today. I love shrimp.and grits had never done it before but I had some frozen raw shrimp and decided to try out my A maze n tray to see if I could cold smoke them. I still wanted to be able to throw them in a skillet with the some seasonings to get the flavor. After a little research I decided on a 45 minute smoke with applewood pellets they came out great not cooked but nice little bit of smoke.
While the shrimp were smoking I fried up some bacon then pulled the shrimp coated in some blackened seasoning and threw them in the bacon grease with garlic parsley and a little bit of lemon juice for just a few minutes. Made some grits with chicken stock poured in a bunch of sharp cheddar. Then threw it all together and man oh man was it good.
20200406_105316.jpg

I always forget to get a pretty picture lol. This was after it was all stirred together. First time making it turned out great.

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Must have been shrimp n grits night. I made them for the first time too. Didn't get a pic, but turned out pretty good.

Reactions: Cj7851
Must have been shrimp n grits night. I made them for the first time too. Didn't get a pic, but turned out pretty good.
Nice! I was super pleased with how they turned out. The only possible difference I would make is maybe a little thinner on the grits by the time the cheese was added they were pretty thick not bad just more so that I prefer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky