Smoked Scallops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

capatin awesome

Original poster
Dec 26, 2012
Mazon, IL
So, I always forget to do this, but dammit, I'm gonna give it a shot today.
I apologize for the shottiness of my final presentation pic. I've been thinking about these bad boys for two days, so I kinda rushed through at the end to "get em while they're hot"

Started out with a pound and a half of large fresh scallops. I have to add that you'll notice the side items, Italian sausage stuffed mushroom caps and bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos. If you've never been to a Mariano's grocery store, (it was my first time), you can't just leave there with just one item. Holy smokes!!!

Anyway, so far as the scallops go, I started by rinsing and drying them. Lightly sea salting and a dash of lemon pepper. Heated the MES up to 200 and smoked with alder for about 25-30 min. Pulled them out, and finished them off in the cast iron skillet for a couple of minutes each side.

My sauce left a bit to be desired. Butter, orange and lemon juice, garlic. Tasted great, but would have liked it to be a bit thicker.

All in all they were awesome, but with a better sauce they would have been phenominal. the half hour of smoke was just about right. It wasn't overpowering, but it was there. The wife even loved them, and she tends to "complain" about oversmoking.

It was a great day, except, like I said, going to a Mariano's, I over bought, therefore, I over ate. LOL.

Have a great Christmas everyone!!!!
4853.jpeg
4852.jpeg
4854.jpeg
4855.jpeg
4856.jpeg
4857.jpeg

God! Those look good. Do I see a stuffed mushroom over on the right side? Was it smoked as well?

Those look fantastic!
Something I have wanted to do forever, but just never got around to it!
Congrats on making the carousel!
Al

God! Those look good. Do I see a stuffed mushroom over on the right side? Was it smoked as well?
In hindsight, I didn't smoke the shrooms. And I probably could have thrown those jalapenos in there for a bit as well. Oh well, next time

Last edited:
Since we get to fly solo for the first time on Christmas day, we have a couple of ribeyes for the grill and some lobster tails we're gonna try on the smoker. I'm actually getting excited about Christmas

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky