Smoked Sausage & Strawberry Rhubarb Pie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Smoked Sausage & Strawberry Rhubarb Pie

I made a batch of these Smoked Sausages in my Big AirFryer 360 the other week, so I figured I should make some in my Little Power AirFryer XL, so it doesn’t feel neglected.
I keep telling these Indoor Toys that they’ll get a lot more action soon, during the Winter Time.

So after poking some fork holes in them, I spread the 5 Smoked Sausages out in the Basket, and set it for 14 Minutes @ 360°.
Then after 7 minutes, I paused it & flipped them all over. Resumed the cooking & let it stop after the 14 minutes ran out.
I squirted some of Mrs Bear’s BBQ sauce on two Hot Dog Rolls, and dropped those Great Tasting babies right in.
I could eat these things a lot more that I do, I’ll tell you that right now!!!

AND: I have never had Sausage that was as Well cooked from any other method, other than one of these Air Fryers (Fresh or Smoked), and this is definitely the easiest way. IMHO

BTW: Before anybody gets excited, these aren’t Hot Dogs. If they were Hot Dogs I’d be using Mustard on them, but since they are Smoked Sausages, I use either BBQ Sauce or Ketchup—In this case it was BBQ Sauce.

Then for Dessert, Mrs Bear was playing around making Pies & Cakes lately, so she gave one of my "Old Times" Favorites a Try.
She made a Pretty darn good “Strawberry Rhubarb” Pie, in fact it was Real Good!! Tasted just like my Grandmother "Cora" used to make, and the first Good one I’ve had since way back then!! See Pics Below!!

Thanks For Stopping By!

Bear

Here is what we're talking about:
IMG_3812.jpg

Fork holes poked, and sausages spread out as much as possible:
IMG_3814.jpg

Hot Dog Rolls with BBQ Sauce await their captives:
IMG_3815.jpg

Cooked Beautifully without a mess:
IMG_3816.jpg

Two Awesome Sammies for The Bear!!
IMG_3818.jpg

Mrs Bear's First Strawberry Rhubarb Pie:
IMG_3804.jpg

Bear's first piece---Hard to get that first piece out neatly:
IMG_3805.jpg

Inside View:
IMG_3806.jpg

Yuuuummmmm..............
IMG_3809.jpg

Last Piece (Hmmmm--Might have to Lick the Pan):

IMG_3810.jpg

Bear -- have you, or your wife posted the recipe for that pie, and the crusts on this site someplace?? would like to have them, if you and Mrs. are willing.....

R

I'd lick the pan too I "Like" it

Gary

Bear -- have you, or your wife posted the recipe for that pie, and the crusts on this site someplace?? would like to have them, if you and Mrs. are willing.....

R

Sorry, Mrs Bear just started making Pies again lately, and this one was a First (Experiment).
If she makes this one again, I'll take Pictures & do a Step by Step of it, but It will have a store bought Crust. She hasn't made her own Pie Crust for at least 40 years.

Bear

Awesome smokies never had strawberry pie with rhubarb in it . Do love just plain strawberry pie though. That Bear keeps eating like he has been lately its going to be a long winters nap this year.

Warren

Looks awesome bear, I could chow down on a couple of those

Point for sure
Chris

Looks delicious, Gma used to make strawberry rhubarb pie all the time. Wish I had her recipe, been a long time since I've had.

looks good bear, tell mrs. bear her pie looks delicious, my wife makes the strawberry-rhubarb pies with the rhubarb from our yard, got to love it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky