Smoked Pork Loin with Mahogany Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jefferson!!! You're still kicking!! Man, haven't seen you on the boards for a while. I hope things have just kept you busy and not some bug keeping you down and away from SMF.

Great looking pork tenderloins!! BTW, I really think you need to use more pepper in your rub!! :P

Jeff, just read your remarks on the "Finishing Sauce" thread. Hope things have improved for you dad.

You do realise don't you, that your super fast computer is now obsolete?? :shock: :mrgreen:

LOL! Yep, it probably became antiquated as I was removing the plastic from the packages!!! My old one was hitting the 6 year mark (although I had made several upgrades) and I really wanted to build my own from an new empty ATX Case, up. As with anything in life, it always nicer knowing you built it yourself!

Jeff

Well it's been close to a year since I've done this recipe and one of the daughters has asked me to fix it for dinner this Sunday. Seems that she has a new boy friend that she wants to impress with her fathers cooking! :roll:

The lad has got a couple of things running in his favor
#1-he's dating my little girl
#2-he's from Tennessee, so I know he was raised learning manners
#3-he appreciates good cooking
#4-he's VERY impressed with my pistol collection!! :shock:

Dutch,

I did my first loin this weekend and I had a bit too much cumin in the rub for me :cry: but your sauce brought it right out of it!! It is the best sauce I have tasted.

Keep up the good work!!

Thanks,
MDK

MDK,

I swear, I'm gonna have to break down and post my secret Pork Rub!

Regardless of what anyone may tell you.................DO NOT use Chili Powder or Cumin in a Pork Rub!!!!!

Look at the Rub on those Loins............none of the above is in it. Brisket, is an entirely different matter.

Jeff

If only we had the Secret Pork Rub Batman! ;)

I don't use cumin, but no Chili Powder? I was looking at them loins above and that is different looking rub. It almost looks like Italian seasoning like for Italian steaks. Might just be the pic.

Anyway, I got my pencil and paper ready. No saving this one on the puter. If it ever leaks out I'm talking hard copy Brother!

To the Bat Poles!!!!!!! :lol: You crack me up, Ultra!

Actually, it's NOTHING like any italian seasoning, don't let the herbs I use, throw ya - that's not oregano. Intrigued?

And yes, NO Chili Powder, either. I know alot of "Commercial" pork rubs use it, but it is not necessary and honestly, the use of it makes it taste like EVERY OTHER pork rub out there. I want my pork to speak for itself and not be seasoned like it was a Brisket.

I'm still, weighing if my posting it will hurt Tulsa Jeff's sales. I don't want to do that. I use this rub on everything pork (ribs, butts, hams, etc.).

We'll see.

Holy Dilemma, Batman!

Jeff

Sounds fantastic Dutch. First time I heard of making a sauce with grape jelly I thought they were pullin' my leg but I tried it and it's quite wonderful.

Grape jelly and bottled chilli sauce (kind of a lumpy ketchup) make a great sauce for snack meatballs for you superbowl party! And they go great with beer!

Debi

Ever since the change over the Scratch N Sniff feature hasn't been working. But if you look real close you can see some of the contents of that rub Ultramag.

Shoot Florida is just a hop, skip, and jump away. Let's fly the bat plane down and pick up that recipe! We'll form a posse
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif
and see if he gives it up then!

Keep Smokin

Dutch, I smoked up three loins for a dinner at the Mrs. work. She doesn't like much vinegar in her sauces, but everyone else said they liked it or loved it. So you're getting another set of thumbs up for your mohogany sauce
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

It's about time for you to crack open the ol recipe safe and share another one of Dutch's great recipe's.. or you can go to Florida and get that special rub recipe that "someone" won't let loose of.

Keep Smokin

You telling me that you haven't seen my recipe for Chocolate Fudge Pecan Pie in the Desserts thread??!
icon_eek.gif

... ummmmm uhhh
icon_redface.gif
.. nope, I don't eat or make a lot of deserts so I don't make it in there very often.. are you SURE you've posted that one??
confused.gif

Keep Smokin

Yeah it's there, it was posted in Ultramag's Buttermilk Pecan Pie thread. I just moved it to it own thread.

What's not fair, Theresa??

Your recipe is there now,
icon_smile.gif
it wasn't when I first read the above thread.
icon_eek.gif
Thanks for moving it over
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

i just saw the top 3 posts & i do know ( ya heard it from a texas boy) - i have heard of splitting meat & sewing in texas mesquite jelly or mesquite jalapeno jelly or my fave idea ( haven't tried it yet) mesquite bean mesquite smoked pecan jelly w/ shiner beer- ya gotta 'member we cooked anything & ever'thin' in texas & still do ( if it sit still long enough) - but over mesquite or pecan ... ya know it's good , if ya got patience (or if ya got patients- they call ya doc)....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky