Smoked Mussels - why not!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

millerbuilds

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 13, 2013
Little Elm, TX
Had some uncooked mussels left over from the dinner my wife made last night, since I had some extra coals from my smoke today... Why not try smoking them!

Made a sauce with:

- Butter

- EVOO

- White Wine

- Garlic

- Salt and Pepper

- Lemon Zest

Put the mussels directly on the grate with charcoal and some apple chips.

Smoke ON!

- Jason

Reactions: disco
DONE!

Wow, these turned out awesome!  The smoke flavor in the mussels was subtle but I would not want to much, the sauce was perfect and it made a great appetizer for me and my 5 year old son.

Simple easy dish for a quick snack or meal.

Smoke ON!

- Jason

Sounds good, but how is the smoke going to get through the shells?
Just cook em in the sauce.
drool.gif
The smoke is subtle but there, I ran with quite a few chips, the meat is tender and absorbs the smoke as they open. 

Why not? Because there mussels and there for disgusting!:biggrin:
Nothing wrong with trying if you like them,glad they turned out!Thumbs Up

Why not? Because there mussels and there for disgusting!
biggrin.gif

Nothing wrong with trying if you like them,glad they turned out!
icon14.gif
That is what my wife says... my 5 year old son thinks they are the greatest and almost as good as clams.

Smoke ON!

- Jason

Mussels are great smoked. When I lived at the coast I had a 1/4 mile of mussel beds right below my house. Five gallon bucket and a screw driver was all you needed to get a good meal! Cleaning the beards off takes a good scrubby and some beer though!

Thanks everyone!

The best part is that my 5 year old son loves them!

Smoke ON!

- Jason

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky