Smoked Mushrooms

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I love mushrooms....never had them smoked... they look fantastic.......................
icon14.gif

Joe

They sound really good. I may have to check into a dehydrator in the near future. I know mushrooms really suck in the smoke. I make stuffed ones in the smoker and it does not take long to get the flavor in them. How do you store them for future use?

Those look good and I can see why they will be strong in dishes.

I've smoked a mushroom or two but usually they're the biiger one's. I use to poke small holes in the bottom to release a little of the water. Think I will be trying the salt method next.

icon_cool.gif

I too can see where they might be alittle strong but let us know how they come out whe ou use them in a dish. I will be one looking forward to hearing how this one comes out.

Interesting idea?  I have never done it but is now on my to do list.

Cold smoking?  is it safe?

My ideas of mushrooms would tell me they would take on smoke in copious amounts.

Good luck and good smoking.

That is a great thing to share King,

I know what Im doing tomorrow/today. We eat alot of shrooms in our house. I think, used sparingly, they would add a very different taste to my wifes pasta sauce.

Thx again

Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky