A little fungi love

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

babydocsmoker

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 13, 2022
Northern Utah
IMG_9383.jpeg

So I used to cultivate mushrooms, but got out of the habit. Gave all my stuff to a friend. Long story short, she asked if I’d like any of this stuff…? Absolutely!!
IMG_9384.jpeg

Diced up nice. Sautéed with a little butter. Kept it simple with some fresh cracked pepper and a little salt.
IMG_9385.jpeg

A couple of todays eggs the chickies we nice enough to leave. Made for a nice brunch!!

Aren't they the shroom that kind of tastes like lobster?
Yes sir!
That's what my wife compares them to. She sometimes makes crab cake style patties out of them. Good and good for you, brain food!
That's a good idea! Yes, they are supposed to be brain food...at very least it doesn't hurt right? 🤷‍♂️

Next time I see one in the woods it's coming home with me.
You're in the part of the country that has them native, which is awesome! Out here we have pine forests, but no hardwood forests and its not really humid. So they kinda only grow on pellets in a tent with a humidifier. :emoji_metal:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky