Smoked Mongolian Beef

Discussion in 'Beef' started by tatonka3a2, Apr 28, 2013.

1. tatonka3a2

tatonka3a2 Meat Mopper

This cook was inspired by my Bountiful Basket that I got this week.

Started with a Tri Tip all trimmed up.

Put the Tri Tip on early in the morning with the Yoder off and just the tube smoker going with Oak pellets.  Smoked for about 2 hours and then got wrapped and into the fridge to rest until dinner time.  

Fast forward to early evening and getting everything ready.  The veggies.....

Put the Tri Tip in the freezer to make the slicing a little easier.  

Once sliced I thought this was the perfect time to break out our new toy - the meat tumbler!!  Took the sliced Tri Tip coated it in cornstarch and added the marinade; soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and fish sauce.

Tumbling....  Got this from Todd at Amazen Products, I can see using this a lot!!  http://www.amazenproducts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AGS-CT20

All the veggies in, right before adding the sauce and meat.

All in together!

While the above was going on, the egg rolls were getting happy on the Yoder!

Finally all done and plated up!  Smoked Mongolian Beef, egg rolls, brown rice, and some sweet and sour sauce.

This is a KEEPER!!  Wonderful flavor and the Tri Tip was incredible in this dish.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
    disco likes this.
  2. kathrynn

kathrynn Smoking Guru OTBS Member

[​IMG]oh yummmmmm!  That does look wonderful!

Kat

3. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

That looks Great! Smoked Meat in Chinese food is not classic but I am sure it can add a distinctive twist to the Dish...Good job creating some East Meets West...JJ

4. Looks delicious.  Great job!

5. thoseguys26

thoseguys26 Master of the Pit

Looks tasty. Did you make the egg rolls from scratch? I've been looking for a good classic egg roll recipe.

6. werdwolf

werdwolf Master of the Pit OTBS Member

That looks spectacular!!

7. tatonka3a2

tatonka3a2 Meat Mopper

Not this time around.  I planned on it but I had spring roll wrappers and after reading how to use them I found out those don't work well for egg rolls. 

8. woodcutter

woodcutter Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Very nice!  [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. seenred

seenred Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

That looks really good!  Thanks for the qview...

Red

10. chef willie

chef willie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I'll take 6 of those egg rolls plz. Never thought about smoking an egg roll.....will have to give that a try.

11. love love love me some mongolian beef!! fantastic!!! i can only imagine the smells...thanks. haha.

12. disco

disco Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

What a great recipe. Thanks for posting.

13. frosty

frosty Master of the Pit

I would truly LOVE some of that!  Looks spectacular!  Excellent work.

14. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks Fantastic!!

Happy Birthday!!!

TJ