Smoked Meatloaf + w- qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chisoxjim

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 25, 2007
2nd try a meatloaf on the smoker, only had 1.75 lbs of ground chuck and did my best. Smoked for 3 hours, until about 160,then topped with marinara for 30 minutes. Not as "tight" as my first loaf, but just as good.

I also spent the afternoon working in the kitchen with my daugter, now almost 3. She has a Haloween book, and has wanted this cake forever. I tried and turned this out with her help. I am not a baker, but the time spent, and the look in her eyes is worth its weight in gold.

thanks for letting me share this.
icon_cool.gif

Don't really like meatloaf, but points scored for the cake (well really for the fact you spent part of your day with a great helper)........ The cake wouldn't of been as good alone.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Great looking meatloaf Jim, is that your Sous Chef with you doing the prep work?
icon_smile.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Now thats a fine looking meatloaf. We do them all the time around here now I just smoke them more them in the oven. But you cann't beat the time you can spend with the kids. Great job there Jim and your little helper.

Looking great Jim!!! I need to get a meatloaf done again soon...

You and your daughter with the cake is really cute too!!!

Great lookin loaf Jim...But the cake and that little sweetie get the prize!!!!
Wait til she asks daddy to smoke a Dinosaur like the one on her shirt!!!!!!!
I just can't wait for those Qviews!!!!!!
icon_mrgreen.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif

Great job on spending time with your daughter in the kitchen. Very cool cake. She is going to remember this

Gotta say I'm not a meatloaf lover, but at least your marinara wasn't in a "trench" down the middle like my dad used to do with ketchup!

BIG points for the cake, your helper and as The Dudes said~ family time. Love these moments bud, cause you'll never get them back.

points.gif

you guys have it 100% correct, quality time with family, children is priceless.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky