• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked Meatloaf for the 1st time!

danigirl

Joined Sep 9, 2016
Howdy,

I'll be putting my part beef part venison meatloaf in the smoker in about 45 minutes. Can't wait to see how it comes out. This will be my second time using the new smoker.

Dani

wo44

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 25, 2016
Good luck - I'm goings for min first meatloaf this week

Post the q-view

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 4, 2014
I'm sure it'll turn out great!

Come back later and show us the results!

danigirl

Joined Sep 9, 2016
Howdy Y'all!! It turned out awesome. We had a little ground venison leftover from last season. So I used venison, ground beef and my mamas old meatloaf recipe. Put it in the smoker at 225 for 4hrs and 45mins until the internal temp was 160. Took it out and let it set for 10mins. I can honestly say that was the best meatloaf I've ever had and I can't wait to do it again!!

~Dani

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
It looks delicious!

Great job!

I sent a point your way for your first meatloaf!

Al

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 4, 2014
Love me some meatloaf and that looks very good!

Points for your first!

mdboatbum

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 22, 2011
Wow that looks good!! I did one Saturday and am already hankering for another one. Must be the weather. Are those mashed sweet potatoes on the plate?

danigirl

Joined Sep 9, 2016
Yes they are MD, I put some salt and pepper and cream in them and they were perfect.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Great looking meatloaf! I always have to make two so there's leftovers. Smoked meatloaf sandwees are the best!

danigirl

Joined Sep 9, 2016
Bowhunter, I put an extra grate in there and just put it on. It all stayed together and cooked perfectly. I was worried it would fall apart, but it did not.

bowhunter3290

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 11, 2016
danigirl, thats what i was wondering, thought it would fall apart also but that is good that it didnt and it looks good I might have to try it 

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.