Smoked Maple Syrup ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

damascusmaker

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 3, 2015
North East Tennessee
So I ordered some from Amazon @($1.79 / Fl Oz) and something went wrong with the delivery. I found a 32 oz bottle in local grocery @(32 cents per oz) and intend to learn how to smoke it my self. Any ideas, guidance on time and temp would be appreciated. And I will be doing a sample of pepper corns maybe at the same time to see how that works out.

Reactions: JLeonard
That's either a very good price for a quart, or it's not pure syrup. Either way I would pour it in a shallow pan and either cold smoke it or smoke it at a very low temp, Stir the syrup every 15 to 20 minutes. Give it a taste after each stirring session, and pull when you're satisfied.

Now mind you I hate tree-piss so I've never done this before with maple syrup, but I have done it with other liquids. Good Luck

Chris

"option to cold smoke?" Maybe in the future
"very good price for a quart," Yeah it was generic brand on sale plus a digital coupon.
Thanks guys.
20240220_220709.jpg

Reactions: JLeonard
Syrup and peppercorns smoked. The syrup tastes wonderful to me, wife says too strong. The peppercorns were soaked in bourbon and rum for a week before smoking. They dried back out nicely but I haven't had a meal to test them on yet.

This sounds delicious. I see Walmart here has quart pure maple syrup for around $15. Might have to give this a try. Thanks for the idea and explanation

This sounds delicious. I see Walmart here has quart pure maple syrup for around $15. Might have to give this a try. Thanks for the idea and explanation
Do it and let us know how you like it. I tried to keep the smoker between 150 and 200 and used pecan and hickory smoker chunks in the kamado. I'll be using it on waffles or pancakes this week and I'll try the smoked peppercorns on the accompanying eggs!

Reactions: Nodak21
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky