Smoked Loin, Chops, and Links

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

luebker

Original poster
Jun 5, 2016
Oregon
Yesterday, we had a big neighborhood BBQ. I had just picked up a half a pig from the butcher a few days before so I volunteered to smoke some pork. I ended up doing a 6 lb loin, 6 chops, and some sausage links.
For the loin, I brined it in a slight variation of ChefJimmyJ's brine for about 6-8 hours. I then smoked it at 225 with applewood and a touch of hickory for about 4 hours until it hit 140-145 and then wrapped and let is rest. I smoked the chops and sausage links for about an hour at 250 and glazed them with peach glaze. Everyone loved it. It was my first loin and chops on the smoker and definitely won't be my last!
@Chef JimmyJ Thanks for the recommendations!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky