Smoked leg of lamb

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks tasty. I like my lamb chops rare to medium rare for sure. I’ve learned that I don’t care for leg rare. Last leg I did to around 198F , went in a pan with wine sauce , shrooms and herbs at 165. I pulled it and man it was awesome.

Reactions: bhambrewer
I have never cooked lamb to that temp. I always make medium rare - which my wife wont eat...but I can throw hers on the grill as needed. Curious about cooking to 195. was it still tender and juicy?

I find Lamb to be more tender when cooked longer, I prefer very little pink inside. Here's a experiment for you, take 2 lamb chops and bake, grill, or broil them the same. But leave one in a little longer till there's no pink and then tell me which one is easier to get the meat off the bone? Yep, the one that's cooked longer.
I can't understand all these people that like their meat on the raw side of rare, just makes no sense? I guess they also like their chicken red on the inside too?

Reactions: bhambrewer
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky