Smoked, jerk pork tenderloin.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin DeShazo

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 7, 2018
Been seeing a lot of posts lately of jerk being cooked and had a hankering for some pork tenderloin, so while I at Walmart this morn I picked up a twin pack of tenderloins and into some Grace's hot jerk marinade they go
20200301_104619[1].jpg

Let that sit in the fridge for a couple of hours then fired up the MES40, got it up to 225 and in the tenderloins went. I used a mix of apple and mesquite chips for the flavor. On the top shelf there is also a coffee filter of salt to smoke.
20200301_131849[1].jpg

Slowly chugging along, smells from the smoker are quite delicious as well
20200301_132425[1].jpg

Little over two hours later and at 158 degrees, the tenderloins and salt emerge from the MES looking rather good. This is where I made a mistake, not knowing how long it would take cook the tenderloins, still couple hours before dinner. I was planning on tossing them on the grill to sear them but since they were finished sooner than expected, I plated them up and put them on the counter covered in aluminum foil and towels to hold the heat.

And here is the final product, smoked and seared pork tenderloin, sorry I missed getting any picts of it sliced but it went quite well with some mac and cheese and broccoli.

20200301_174728[1].jpg

Yep you guys are going to keep at it and make me do some jerk LOL. Those look great. I love Grace and Walkers Woods

Great looking tenderloins! Love doing them jerk style. Walkers Wood hot is one of my favorites. We have an authentic Jamaican hole in the wall restaurant here in town that makes some of the best food I have ever tasted. He sells mason jars of jerk sauce for $10. Rub a tenderloin in that stuff and you are hurting for two days following!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky