• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked Elk Sausage

bobdog46

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 11, 2010
Had some elk meat and decided to make sausage. Seasoned,cured. then put in smoker. I am really enjoying this propane smoker. so easy to regulate temps. 

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Nice Color---Looks Great !

Hope I get to see an internal shot of a slice or two.

Thanks,

Bear

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Thats is some freakin awesome elk sausage

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2010
Man, that looks beautiful!!  Love to hear more about your process, with some pic's next time.  Really disappointed that you're so far away, makes taste testing for you a bit difficult.

fish hunt man

Joined Feb 3, 2011
Recipe? I am going to be making some venison sausage. Last time I tried was rather tame in the spice dept...

bobdog46

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 11, 2010
I use a premixed seasoning pack for "Cajun Sausage" that is packaged for 25 lbs of meat. I get it at a local store here in S.Louisiana called Rouse's.

skully

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 24, 2011
Had some elk meat and decided to make sausage. Seasoned,cured. then put in smoker. I am really enjoying this propane smoker. so easy to regulate temps. 

Wish I had Your problems......lol........luv to try a piece

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.