Smoked Deviled Eggs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

autoferret

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Orlando, Fl
So yesterday I got the idea to smoke some eggs read some very different ways to smoke them. This is the way I did it and it worked for me.

Put 8 eggs on the far side of the smoker away from the heat. Smoker Probe read 245ish most of the day. And i smoked them for just under 3 hours. I pealed one right way and wasn't very impressed. Let the other sit over night in the fridge and boy what a difference.

4487650048_cec22b278a.jpg

So the wife made deviled eggs.
4490255209_3a037b73f0_o.jpg

Quick tip: wipe the knife off w/ a wet towel to keep the blade clean and mess down!

The eggs have a little bit of a yellowish tint to them now.
4490257731_7f256046bc.jpg

The filling:
spicy mustard, mayo, salt, pepper (we always mix to taste/consistancy)
4490901950_61610e26b9.jpg

Use a ziplock bag to help put mixture into egg halfs.
4490903968_5097e9e626.jpg

Garnish with some Smoked Paprika
4490263825_87971a8904_o.jpg

Enjoy!

Looks great!

So let me get this straight----The first one didn't impress you, so you didn't do anything else to the others, except put them in the fridge in their shells, and that made them better? Do I have that right?

BTW: The smoking makes them look like Duck eggs---LOL.

Bearcarver

I ate it stright off the smoker and couldn't really taste any hint of the smoking. But after letting them rest they had a very mild smoked flavor to them. Probly b/c I was around the smell and use to it. Wonder if you were to smoke them w/ out the shell if that would had more flavor or dry them out?

Well if you leave the eggs in the refrig over night the flavor gets to miggle and become more promoldent. I really like to make deviled eggs with them or even eggs salad is really good to.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky