Smoked Chuck Roast: Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks amazing. Congrats & well done. How did it taste?

Thanks! It tasted great! The only thing I would consider is dialing down the salt from the two rubs I used - however, both AP rubs that I used had high salt bases, so that is what I would expect.

Used up some of the leftover chuck roast this evening in quesadillas. Just chopped, heated in the skillet, and then added to some freshly grated cheddar on some tortillas. Simple and tasty!

Chuck Roast_Quesidilla1.JPG

Good lookin' chuck.Congratulations on the carousel.

There is no need to wrap/cooler unless you are holding temp to serve hours later.This further degrades the bark also.

Ah - thank you. I wandered if putting it in a cooler was necessary for a one hour hold. I’m trying to understand and get comfortable with holding meats.

So a one hour rest on the counter should still keep it warm? Or what would you suggest?

So a one hour rest on the counter should still keep it warm? Or what would you suggest?
If serving the day it's cooked,which is rare for me,I rest 20-30 mins and slice/pull.I say this because I normally let it get cool to the touch,pull,vac seal and freeze for taco/burrito/chimichanga meat.

Boy that looks delicious! And thanks for the step by step with photos. New to the forum and already learned a number of things from you all. Now I will have to chuck one of those roast on the smoker very soon. Great work!

Boy that looks delicious! And thanks for the step by step with photos. New to the forum and already learned a number of things from you all. Now I will have to chuck one of those roast on the smoker very soon. Great work!

Thank you, and glad I could help. I really enjoy seeing the detail behind other folk's cooks, so thought I would share. Definitely try one out and let us know how it goes. Many different ways to approach a chuck roast.

Reactions: Rockinova
That looks delicious. I haven’t done a chuckie yet, but when I do I hope it turns out like that. Good job , and congrats on making the carousel!

Thank you! Keep us posted when you have the chance to do a chuckie. I think they are a great option for a nice piece of beef.

Reactions: SmokinLogs
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky