Smoked Chops & Stuffed Meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

griz400

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Mar 27, 2016
Well, this will first smoke on new mes 30, ...
IMG_0748.JPG
Seasoned up and ready to go..
Going to mix up a meatloaf .
2 1/2 lbs of 80-20 ground chuck
1 large Vidalia onion chopped
1 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
2 tablespoons ketchup
1/4 teaspoon of paprika
salt / pepper to your taste .

then going to stuff with mushrooms, peppers, and Velveeta
then look for internal of 165 ... about last hour will brush up equal parts, ketchup, BBQ sauce ,and chili sauce

IMG_0749.JPG

Now the chops .. 3 bone in ribeye pork chops
and 5 center cut chops I cut up and had frozen
will use my rub on em...looking for 145 internal -- with hickory chips
IMG_0750.JPG
maybe get it started around 1 or 2 o'clock

Last edited:
Looks good nice start!
I picked up a Beef eye round yesterday for $1.99 a pound
Richie

IMG_0754.JPG here is the chops..rubbed down..
IMG_0751.JPG

sauteed up mushrooms and peppers
IMG_0752.JPG
loaded meatloaf with Velveeta, mushrooms, peppers
IMG_0753.JPG

loaded smoker,
IMG_0756.JPG
made some sauce for the top, mixed in bowl equal parts of sweet baby rays , ketchup, and chili sauce
IMG_0755.JPG

It's all on, looking for 165 on meatloaf, laid it on foil ..
looking for 145 on chops, made a drip pan from foil under chops..
also wrapped water pan with foil.. and added water to it as well.
set grill for 230 deg

Last edited:
Tell you what .. smokes up pretty fast ... chops are done ... guess took about 1 1/2 hrs ... normal time I guess ... pulled em at 145 .. wrapped em up and letting rest ...
IMG_0757.JPG

meatloaf is only at 130 deg internal

Just breaking in a new smoker Al... never had an electric smoker, always an offset ....

Well .. looks like this will be real good .. wife is going to make some mashed potatoes and some creamed spinach... will show a money shot later ... here is what the meatloaf came out like ...

IMG_0758.JPG

decided to add 4 slices of Velveeta to the top and let it all rest ... btw .. I never smoked a meatloaf ,, only burgers .. lol ...

IMG_0759.JPG

letting it all rest .. a little later will plate it and show money shot ....

Jeff that whole thing is looking like I should dispose of it for you,only because I am a nice guy LOL
Richie
Show me the Money

About an hr or so ... all the other sides just getting started ... cheese inside meatloaf has to firm some .. And I added cheese to top ...

Jeff that looks great haven't had creme spinach in decades
Likes what you did
Richie

Thanks Richie ..thanks for the point as well ... comfort food 101 ... lol .. we ate a chop when it came off smoker, was real good as well.. eating chops tomorrow night ... lol ... was a successful smoke on a new smoker ... thanx again .....

Thanks chopsaw ... turned out good for first smoke on new smoker ..

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw
Thanks Richie ..thanks for the point as well ... comfort food 101 ... lol .. we ate a chop when it came off smoker, was real good as well.. eating chops tomorrow night ... lol ... was a successful smoke on a new smoker ... thanx again .....

Good for you my first MES 40 was a gen #2
I thought I was working for Masterbuilt 3 controls in 30 days LOL
Richie

hundred dollar smoker worked like a charm ... waiting for my pellet maze amnps .. next week ...

hundred dollar smoker worked like a charm ... waiting for my pellet maze amnps .. next week ...

Glad you're happy so far . I got my 30 in 2013 for 149.00 . Great price back then . Took me a bit to learn it . I hated it early on . Once I got the 12" amzn tube , mail box , a good therm and learned its limitations , I love it . I've used it almost every weekend for 4 years . Ran it 8 hours yesterday ,,, 6 hours today .
Find the threads on doin the nuts and snack pretzels ,,, addictive .

Reactions: griz400
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky