Smoked Chili Recipe

Discussion in 'Beef' started by cheech, Jan 16, 2006.

1. cheech

cheech Master of the Pit OTBS Member

We are having a chili cook off and need a great recipe for it. Does anyone have a recipe that they would be willing to share?

2. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Well someones gonna ask so it just as well be me "You mean Chili WITHOUT beans, right??" What style of chili are you looking for?

3. cheech

What other kind of chili is there?

Yes it is with out beans.
    Something based around ground beef/venison.

4. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I have a recipe at home I'll try and dig up-no telling where the wife put them after she unpacked them. All I know for sure is that they are in the kitchen somewhere (BIG kitchen :D)

5. cheech

Hey Earl any luck digging through the kitchen for the recipe?

6. dutch

Nope-I gotta a sneaky idea that the wife sent them home with one of the daughters to sort through and throw out any duplicates. Now it's just a matter of finding out which daughter has them. I know it should be easy as I only have three girls but they get to conspiring with their mom and it's hard to get them to 'fess up to ANYTHING!!! :x

7. soflaquer

soflaquer Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Cheech,

I know you had to have read my recipe for "SoFlaQuer's" Chili Verde! If you follow my proven recipe, guarantee you'll place in that Cook Off! I'm a retired Lieutenant from the Fire Department and designed that in part from many a year at the Firehouse.

Knock 'em dead, Bro!

Jeff

8. cheech

I did look up that recipe. It had a ton of ingredients and I could not remember to print off the recipe let alone what the items were. I hope to try it out soon.

Thanks for the recipe!

9. soflaquer

soflaquer Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

You're welcome! I guess alot of people don't think to Highlight, Copy and Paste a recipe off this Forum onto Word or Wordpad.

Jeff