• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked Cheese Using the AMNS Batch #1 Using Cherry

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007
Thursday, 3/3/2011 was a nice day so we smoked some cheese In my MES 40 using the AMAZE-N-SMOKER.   I used Cherry Dust on this batch and smoked it for 3hrs.  Sorry that I didn't get any pics while in the smoker but the camera's battery died and had to be recharged.

Also pay no attention to the imprinted date on the pics, I haven't figured out how to set it yet... LOL

Here are the pics before going into the smoker

After coming out of smoker

Sealed up and into the fridge to mellow out...

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
nice looking smoked cheese.....I'll need to smoke some cheese. Havent done that yet. I bet that big mes 40 looked empty with that cheese in there..

the dude abides

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 12, 2008
Nice work Paul.  I'll be down to pick up some.  :)

Can't wait to hear about the flavor.  Love me some smoked gouda.

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007
I still have a bunch more to smoke but wanted to use a different flavor of wood on it... I think either Bourbon Oak or Wine Barrel Oak on the next batch...

tyotrain

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 31, 2010
Man i love me some cheese and that looks great.. I love wasabi best stuff ever

les3176

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 10, 2009
That looks great paul!!! man i love smoked gouda! and smoked swiss is the best on pastrami!!!

justpassingthru

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 7, 2009
That's some good looking cheese Paul, makes me envious, we don't have that kind of a selection of here, worst of all is we don't have any Monterey Jack, their Cheddar is as hard as a rock and they don't have anything with a little heat to it.

Gene

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Paul,

The color coming out of the smoker looks PERFECT !!!!

Those are gonna be Awesome!!!

Bear

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
The cheese looks great, perfect color. The thing I hate about smoking cheese is you have to wait so long to eat it. I'm sure yours will be worth the wait!

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Joined Dec 29, 2009
Great Job  Paul!

Did you light (1) end or both ends?

Todd

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007
Great Job  Paul!

Did you light (1) end or both ends?

Todd
Yeah, both ends and smoked for right at 3.5 hrs.  I  still have a bunch that I didn't smoke and plan on doing it using either wine barrel oak or bourbon oak later this week...

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Yeah, both ends and smoked for right at 3.5 hrs.  I  still have a bunch that I didn't smoke and plan on doing it using either wine barrel oak or bourbon oak later this week...
Go easy with those wine & bourbon barrel oaks Paul!

You know how ya get!   

Bear

distre

Smoke Blower
Joined Aug 9, 2010
That is some really good looking cheese there Beer-B-Q. I like the Gouda and Hot Pepper Cheese, but would really like to try the Wasabi you have there. I've been using the oak wine barrel in my AMNS and I do like it, but I do the the triple smoke with lighting it on both ends and on the middle. I bet yours will be great with which ever you choose. Good Job.

rstr hunter

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 8, 2009
I did some last month with cherry and the amazin smoker and gave a bunch of it away.  It was a hit.  This looks awesome.  You'll love it. 

virginiasmokesignal

Meat Mopper
Joined May 21, 2009
Paul, now that is some fine looking cheese!  The after smoke color is excellent too!  It would appear to me that I am not the only one that loves smoked cheese and more especially smoked hot pepper or smoked pepper jack cheese.  I have been getting a commercial smoked cheese at a local super market that is Apple Wood Smoked Cheddar and Apple Wood Smoked Pepper Jack, it is absolutely fantastic!  So, my friend you might want to try some Apple Wood if you have any more Cheddar or Pepper Jack to smoke! Only a suggestion Paul, you know what you want! Best of luck and don't forget to let us have a look at the new smoke when it happens!

Your Friend,

Barry 

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Ya marked them, that ain't no fun in two weeks!

Last edited:

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
Looks great!

My first cheese smoke is getting near the two week in rest point.

Craig

alelover

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 9, 2010
That looks fabulous. Great color. You should try smoking some Havarti. I did some and people raved about it.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.