Smoked Cajun meatloaf with recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ThickRibs

Original poster
Oct 21, 2019
spices:
2 bay leafs
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Ingredients:
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
3/4 cup onions
1/2 cup celery
1/2 cup bell pepper
1/4 cup green onion
2 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 tablespoon Tabasco
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup ketchup
1 and 1/2 pounds ground beef
2 eggs
1 cup breadcrumbs

mix up the spices, and melt butter in pot. Add vegetables, Tabascos, Worcestershire, seasonings, and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes. stir in milk and ketchup and cook for 1 minute more. Remove from heat and let cool to room temp.

Once cool remove bay leafs and mix the remaining ingredients into the vegetable slurry. make sure everything is well combined, form into loaf, and throw it on the smoker.

This is one of my favorite recipes and blows other meat loafs out of the water. Its a little bit more work compared to other meat loafs but boy is it worth it. Here it is about 2 hours in on the smoker. Will update thread once its done.

Attachments

• IMG_20191026_162953 (1).jpg
    IMG_20191026_162953 (1).jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 34
Man that just looks sublime! I love good meatloaf, especially smoked. I really like the add of nutmeg in the flavors. Bet it’s delicious.

Reactions: ThickRibs
A good meatloaf is hard to beat, and yours looks really good.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: ThickRibs
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky