Smoked Barramundi With White Sturgeon Caviar!!!!!!!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Happy 2014 Great Fabulous Smoked Cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for lovely comments on my Barramundi!
Foamheart

You keep showing me Yams with seafood and I love sweet potatoes, so I am going to have to try it.

Awesome plate, thanks for sharing.
Thank you Foamheart! I do love red garnet yams and sweet potatoes indeed! Grilled, smoked, baked, nuked! Such fabulous stuff!!! Happy New Year!
AJBert  

I threatened each and every mess cooks within an inch of their lives that if just a bite of any one of the fish was gone they'd walk the gang plank!  Would love to get back down there and catch some of the bigger ones that are in the salt water.  We were fishing in the dry season.
Fantastic stories AJBert!! And I agree with you, one of the tastiest fish!!! Happy 2014!

And Brian, I'm glad my grouper comparison helped. (Or so my palate feels regarding the taste/style of it albeit the Barramundi is better).

And Mick, it is always a pleasure learning about all the fishing and such from your land! Fantastic stuff!

HEY, and look who's using the "quote" function, yes? A woman of my word I am! Smiles. But I don't like the quote system and may revert to simply replying as before. But I tried it!!! Like most things, it is important to try it at least once!

Happy Happy New Year!!!!!!!!! Cheers! - Leah

Barra got a bit in common with salmon big recreational fishery & commercial
fishery as well,
Its great fish on the plate if you don't live in the remote north or have the $ for a trip.
Plenty at the markets.
It's right through SE ASIA & a close relative of the Nile Perch.
I will do some fish that you might find interesting when I get back to Sydney.
Foam if you see this the link I sent you about Kakadu will give you a feel for the country.If you are from Louisians the climate wouldn't be such a shock.

You mates definitely know how to put on some fireworks!!!!    Watched with envy yesterday, almost felt sorry for the bridge! Had to take a hell of a beating-  I told the wife we should go next year, what an awesome place to kick off the New Year, with the best folks  I know.

Might even be able to get in a little fishin or hunting as well.  

Did you say you did a post about buffalo? how do I find it?  That would be interesting, we did not get to try any there, which disappointed me greatly. We were just south of Elcho Island, when we'd take an animal, they'd give the GPS coordinates to the local village elders, and they'd come & retrieve the animal.  Very efficient, but sure would have been nice to lop out a backstrap!

Anyways, Happy New Year, and kepp on smokin!

Mark

So exciting to read about all these great travels from folk! Fantastic stuff!

And I just read my posting from yesterday evening, and see that I wrote that I hadn't eaten COBIA in five years, and I of course meant Barramundi. (As I had Cobia about five weeks ago). But that doesn't matter, except for serving as a good reminder for me to type slower, read closer, and maybe do my postings when more awake!!!

Happy great new year's day to all!

Cheers!!!!! - Leah

I found these Nepalese guys who got it from NT , they had butcher shop of sorts. They eat it a variety of ways without breaching Hindu rules because its not beef.
I will get some again but it can be seasonal & it's wet season now. They farm them as well & down south there are a few outfits milking them & making buffalo mozzarella .
I will probably do something in the curry/ rendang field. Lets face it in Asia when a buffalo was to old to pull the plough they didn't throw the meat away!
I was promised camel last year but that all went nowhere.

You mates definitely know how to put on some fireworks!!!!    Watched with envy yesterday, almost felt sorry for the bridge! Had to take a hell of a beating-  I told the wife we should go next year, what an awesome place to kick off the New Year, with the best folks  I know.

Might even be able to get in a little fishin or hunting as well.  

Did you say you did a post about buffalo? how do I find it?  That would be interesting, we did not get to try any there, which disappointed me greatly. We were just south of Elcho Island, when we'd take an animal, they'd give the GPS coordinates to the local village elders, and they'd come & retrieve the animal.  Very efficient, but sure would have been nice to lop out a backstrap!

Anyways, Happy New Year, and kepp on smokin!
Mark
If you just put water buffalo in the search it will come up. I did a smoked topside ,French kinda, then I did bastourma/ pastrami all in the one thread in late 2011.
Then I did a rendang later on in a different thread.

Thats me in outlaw mode holding a barra of good eating size. They can get to 140cm in lakes,maybe bigger.Nobody has been able to get them out of the flooded forests on conventional tackle over 135cm which is I think the current record.

Saltwater rivers anything over metre is called big. Lake fish are heavier,guys fish 25kg braid & still get busted up.

Hey Mick! Fantastic photos and yes, you've got the "Badass" mystique going on in that one, (smiles), terrific stuff! And the FISH looks so incredible and fresh and lovely! WOW!

To have a WHOLE Barramundi to grill or smoke, would be sensational!!! And your pal's piece of food there looks out of this world! Amazing photos and pretty scenery too! Cheers! - Leah

Wow, your food looks so awesome, I just wish my stuff was 1/2 as nice!

You are either a professional and trained in the finest schools, or just plain old very skilled!!!!!

Would you adopt me? 

77.gif

Mel

Thank you so much Mel! That's very gracious and appreciated indeed!

I have most certainly never had a cooking lesson, or training in that genre, of any kind.

But  I indeed have adored eating exotic, healthful, and minimalistically arranged food, and since right out of the womb. As a child even, I did cook, of my own volition, and therefore self-teach myself to at least make the "kind of thing" I love, and in "the way" that I prefer to eat. (Devoid of added gunk, etc.).

Getting other's excited about life, via me linking them up to how passionate food/mood can be, is my magnificent obsession, and so if even one morsel of enthusiasm is contagious or brightens one's day, then how fantastic!!!

Meanwhile, Happy Friday to all!

Make today delicious and amazing!!!!!!!! Cheers! - Leah

I don't think I ever want to compete against Leah in a SMF Throwdown..... with pictures like that she wins automatically! lol

Great looking spread and fantastic presentation!

Oh JLRodriguez; that is VERY gracious of you! Thank you so very much!

I am humbled, flattered, and delighted, each day on this site, as it is I who learns so much from others, and I admire the pictures, recipes, and shared passions from everyone too!

Thank you indeed for your very kind remarks! That's so appreciated!!!!

Happy weekend! Cheers! - Leah

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky