Smoke thermometer holder for WSM

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Big Grouch

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 11, 2021
Hunsaker makes this deal to hold a remote thermometer. I've always been afraid to use the magnets on my SmokeX2. I thought you cats would be interested.

Attachments

• PXL_20221021_180151358.jpg
    PXL_20221021_180151358.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 29
  • PXL_20221021_180159789.jpg
    PXL_20221021_180159789.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: 912smoker
I need one of those on all of my smokers, I usually have to move one of my wife's small patio tables to sit my thermometer on (she doesn't say anything but I feel the discontent in her demeanor)🤣

I saw this at the barbecue contest I entered. If there was a gadget or mod for a WSM, someone had it. My WSM now has this, I added the gasket to the door, and added the extra charcoal grate 90 degrees from the original. On a warm, non windy day I can get 12 hours of heat in my 18.5 WSM.

I like it! Perhaps consider using a couple finishing wingnuts to hold the mounting bracket so it can be easily removed. You need it to stick out when cooking to thermally isolate the electronics, but you don't want it sticking out when rolling the barrel around since it can catch on doorways, tailgates, etc.

I like it! Perhaps consider using a couple finishing wingnuts to hold the mounting bracket so it can be easily removed. You need it to stick out when cooking to thermally isolate the electronics, but you don't want it sticking out when rolling the barrel around since it can catch on doorways, tailgates, etc.
I'll consider that. I was concerned the cover wouldn't fit but it goes on fine

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky