Smoke Distribution...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chiefsfan

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 7, 2023
So The new Thermometer works great and found out the one n the control panel is like 25 degrees low..So I can set it to about 200 when I start it and its about right. Then I Got the AMAZEN tray with pellets , got it going, set it initially lower rack far to left...NO SMOKE.. So i set it right above(about 4 inches) the element on the rt side, re lit the tray and set for 4 hours.. That seemed to work fine but I have a question... Now straight above the tray in the top is the vent. I had it open all the way but is all my smoke going right straiget up and out the vent? Is there a smoke deflector or sorts that will "steer" the smoke to the other parts of the smoker or am I worried about nothing?

Reactions: JLeonard

Attachments

• 20230506_170636.jpg
    20230506_170636.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230508_110008.jpg
    20230508_110008.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 18
Ill try to take some pics inside it when I get home in a bit.

You could add any type of deflector that is handy. Cast iron pan, pizza pan, tin foil, pizza stone, etc on lower rack. Put meat on the upper racks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky