SMF is BACK ONLINE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
All-

Jeff and the staff would like to thank you for your patience thru all of this as it was very painful

Most of you know now from the newsletter that we had a catastrophic failure at the datacenter that houses our servers. They were doing normal maintenance of a generator and it had a catastrophic failure. This lead to a fire in the facility. The sprinkler systems were activated. The data center staff isolated the power from the generator and the fire was extinguished. When the fire inspector came out he determined that power was to remain off for the whole facility. This led to emergency inspections from the city officials and a plan was put in place. Our server had to be rebuilt but our hard drives aka data was intact.

That being said the staff worked their butts off to get the server built. We got the server a few hours ago and our staff busted their asses to get the data migrated and back online.

We really appreciate everyone who weathered this with us. Now if there are any bugs that you see please report them and tag myself TulsaJeff Pineywoods hellasteph or any of the staff in it so we can fix any little issues that may come up.

We hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and smoke on.

Thanks

Brian

Thank you for the update! I didn't receive any email newsletter and was concerned that the forum was done for. Very happy to have it back, and a huge THANK YOU to everyone one of you that got the site back up and running. A part of my life's enjoyment was severely missing.

Sending MANY THANKS to SMF Staff!!!!!

Oh man back to normal......I was starting to have detox symptoms......but I fended them off by sneak watching Jeff smoke meat on the “YouTube”

Awesome news, I was kinda bummed out because I did a trade with a member and when it was time for me to send out his goods the forum was down. I didn't want him to think that I stiffed him, so glad all the PM's are still here along with everything else.

Good job getting things up and running guy's & gal's we all very much appreciate your efforts.
I was so bummed about the forum being down at first I thought maybe it was on my end from visiting
"those sites" LMAO!!!
Thanks again for the awesome site and hard work getting it up and running again.
It might be time to invest in some asbestos drawers to keep the boys safe in the future.:emoji_joy::emoji_joy::emoji_joy:

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky