Small Office Party Gathering for 100 plus... catering

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbally

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 24, 2007
Western Colorado
Thursday night had a little catering for an office party.  Wanted to share what a smoked appetizer buffet for 100 looks like here locally.

fullbuffet.jpg

From front to back.  My cured smoked salmon as a Caesar salad martini, Shrimp shooters with smoked cocktail sauce, Hula Hula smoked chicken slider, Philly cheesesteak slider with smoked prime rib, charcuterie platter, cheese crackers, grilled vegetables, and fruit plates beyond that.  Now for some close ups.  I also cooked live with a presentation of vanilla bean ice cream with Bananas Foster.  People love the flames when you touch off the pan, so it makes an interesting presentation.  Though I have to remember I am in an office with a low false ceiling just above me.

smokedsalmon.jpg

smokedchickensldr.jpg

shrimpcocktailshooter.jpg

phillysteaksldr.jpg

cheesefruitplt.jpg

cheesefruit.jpg

charcuterie.jpg

weberveggies.jpg

bobbal.jpg

bbally.jpg

People had a great time, we were supposed to go to 7:30 PM and ended up staying and cooking til 8:30 PM.

Missing photos of the Pulled Pork sliders and the Smoked Crab Cake sliders.  Sauces, marinara for the phillies, Chipotle ancho for the chicken, crabs sirache for the crab cakes, jalapeno plum barbeque on the pork.

Caio

Last edited:
icon_cool.gif

You are now my new Hero. I would really love to be able to do something that big one day. I almost wish that I could come out one day and help on a project like that. That's what I want to do one day. I have done a smoked lunch for 95 once and a breakfast for 70 and both were real learning experiences for me. 

icon_cool.gif

You are now my new Hero. I would really love to be able to do something that big one day. I almost wish that I could come out one day and help on a project like that. That's what I want to do one day. I have done a smoked lunch for 95 once and a breakfast for 70 and both were real learning experiences for me. 
If you are serious about wanting to learn.  Smokin' in the Rockies is the event for you  We put on several teaching seminars every day.  Taught the Salmon Curing Smoking Process from beginning to final plating last year, along with smoking cheese, Jerry showed us Dutch Oven stuff Cabbage, another did an excellent demo on pulled pork shoulder.

click the pic.. to the website, tickets and reservations will go live shortly.

e0021c92_Smokinsign.jpg

Looks great Bob!  I know a lot of work went into that.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

GREAT looking bunch of food! You must be a very busy chef, putting out food that good!!  Is the cocktail sauce made with smoked ingredients, or did you smoke the sauce itself?   I love using martini glasses for serving - it alway makes people smile.  That all looks delicious, but I think I'd use a slightly different recipe for those "Smoked Crap Cake sliders"? 
icon_lol.gif

You can bet I'd have been the last person to leave that party! Cheers!

the flowers and lemon leafs add a lot of color to the table...........nice set up.

Very Impressive!!!

The meat platter had me drooling...awesome!!

Looks like the Ritz Carlton spread.

Thanks for sharing!!

Craig

Great looking table and nice assortment of foods. Having done a few catering gigs myself I know how much work that represents even in a commercial kitchen

Nice job

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky