"SLT"---Spam, Lettuce & Tomato Sandwich (Shrimp on the side)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
"SLT"---Spam, Lettuce & Tomato Sandwich (Shrimp on the side)

Here’s a new one for me. An "SLT"——Spam, Lettuce & Tomato Sammy.
Surprisingly Tasty!!! I loved it.
All I did was Fry up some Spam slices, and toast a couple slices of Bread.
Then I spread some Miracle Whip on the Toast, lay on some Lettuce.
Then put some Spam slices & Tomato in there too.
Then I dropped some leftover Sautéed Shrimp on the side.
Mighty Tasty little Meal for this Old Bear!!

Took a Pic of my front yard too, because it’s starting to turn brown. Probably the last solid Green Pic.

Enjoy,

Bear

Miracle Whip on Toast, with Lettuce & Tomato:
IMG_5894.jpeg

Then some Fried Slices of Spam, in place of Bacon:
IMG_5895.jpeg

Close it up, and an extra Slice of Spam on the side:
IMG_5896.jpeg

This is a Great place for the Butter Sautéed Shrimp, I had leftover from Yesterday's Bacon Wrapped Shrimp:
IMG_5897.jpeg

Last look at my "Green Yard"----Turning Brown in spots since this picture of My Front Yard:
IMG_5920.jpeg

Looks good Bear. Spam goes with almost anything, and Shrimp on the side is always a nice add on.

Not Miracle Whip🤣😆! Swap that for Dukes and this would be a bomb sandwich. Going on a camping trip next week and this will be on the menus for sure. Looks great Bear

Adam

Yum! I have not had spam in a while. Got me thinking about spam and eggs!

spam and shrimp! that's quite a mix but it sure does look good Bear! good thing ya have some pine trees at least they stay green all winter, a lot of our trees are already bare but some do have a little color left. won't be long the winter winds will start blowing:emoji_disappointed:

Looks good . Had a lot of spam growing up , because it was cheap . I bet that hit the spot .
We sliced it the " big " way . Nice twist on a BLT .

Nice looking sammy bear.

Point for sure
Chris

Another classic Bear.

I do the same thing but I smoke and then grill the spam if I have the time,otherwise fried in the cast iron skillet.

I haven't had Spam in Forever, man that looks good. And Shrimp is always good

Nice !!

Gary

I'm a spam lover here! Did some smoked spam a while back and this has me wanting to do it again!

Nice work!

Looks good Bear. Spam goes with almost anything, and Shrimp on the side is always a nice add on.

Thank You Mike!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Not Miracle Whip🤣😆! Swap that for Dukes and this would be a bomb sandwich. Going on a camping trip next week and this will be on the menus for sure. Looks great Bear

Adam

Thank You Adam!!
I never tried "Duke's"---I heard it was Great.
Bear Jr prefers Mayo, but Mrs Bear & I think it's too bland, and always use MW.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: tag0401
Yum! I have not had spam in a while. Got me thinking about spam and eggs!

Thank You Travis!!
Yup---I love it, but wish it had less sodium, but that's a problem with all processed Meats.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

spam and shrimp! that's quite a mix but it sure does look good Bear! good thing ya have some pine trees at least they stay green all winter, a lot of our trees are already bare but some do have a little color left. won't be long the winter winds will start blowing:emoji_disappointed:

Thank You Jim!!
Our leaves were strange this year:
I kept wondering when they'd start to change, but then all of a sudden most of them turned from green to yellow in one overnight. Never saw that before. Now there's about 1/3 of them on the ground.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks good . Had a lot of spam growing up , because it was cheap . I bet that hit the spot .
We sliced it the " big " way . Nice twist on a BLT .

Thank You Rich!!
Yup---I'll be doing it again---Might try to slice it the big way.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Yes sir old stand by known as Spam. Been a long while since I've had any Spam. Great looking sammie.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
This was Great !
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Way cool! I haven't had fried Spam since I was a kid! Big like!
Another classic Bear.

Thank You Disco!!!
What's that---About 5 years??
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I do the same thing but I smoke and then grill the spam if I have the time,otherwise fried in the cast iron skillet.

Thank You Norm!!
I'm sure Smoked is better, but my Smoking days are getting fewer & fewer.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky