Slowly making my way back

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SGMan

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 12, 2019
P-Town Virginia
Hey everyone,

Its been more than a season or so since I fired up the ole MES30. Truth be told, i've become quite fond of my other toys (sous vide and IP) and the lustre of my smoker went by the wayside.
Combine that with the frustration of wild temp swings, temps almost NEVER matching what the MES displays vs my Inkbird, and the occasional *blip* of the controller on my MES.

Well, hopefully today that changes! I just pulled the trigger on some new high temp connectors AND an Auber WSD-1500H-W.

Its time to get back at it and pay some more badly needed attention to my beloved smoker which has been collecting dust - CANT WAIT! :D

Gonna be a completely different smoker once you get it dialed in . You'll love it .

Reactions: SGMan
Woot!

Auber just came in today and I am in the process of trying out an autotune to get it dialed in.
However, I think I may have to check its calibration as it and the inkbird are on a 30 degree skew!

Still excited though!

Woot!

Auber just came in today and I am in the process of trying out an autotune to get it dialed in.
However, I think I may have to check its calibration as it and the inkbird are on a 30 degree skew!

Still excited though!
Good to hear you got it . Auto tune didn't work for me ., but its a place to start .
If you're 30 degrees apart , make sure they are both set to the same unit of measure . C or F which ever you use .

Good to hear you got it . Auto tune didn't work for me ., but its a place to start .
If you're 30 degrees apart , make sure they are both set to the same unit of measure . C or F which ever you use .

Interesting... Ill definitely double check that.
But ironically it was the same with my MES30 when I used its integrated temp probe and display. There was always a huge skew between the two.

Ill verify that Im on F on the inkbird. I did do the boil test on the IB and it read correctly.

Thanks everyone!

Although it took it a while, the Auber finally nailed the 225 and managed to hold it steady. I might have to play with it some more, but seeing a steady temp (on one probe) is a great sign!

Although it took it a while, the Auber finally nailed the 225 and managed to hold it steady. I might have to play with it some more, but seeing a steady temp (on one probe) is a great sign!
What model did you get ?

Cool . See how long it takes to get to temp after it cools down . If your happy with the auto tune that's great . If not we can help you get it adjusted if needed . Keep the thread updated if you want .

Reactions: SGMan
So far it appears to get itself on point rather quickly with very few temp swings.

Just pulled a brisket flat (and exercising serious control) to let it rest now. The entire cook it was well within 1-2 degrees unless I did something to disturb it. Even then, it was still well within tolerance.

I will say, the extra coin I paid for the wireless model is well worth it IMO. Being able to monitor and modify from anywhere I have cell service is well worth the cost of admission.

The smell of this freshly pulled brisket is making us hangry.
I accept :D

20201025_201021.jpg
resting..
My only concern is whether I trimmed it correctly/enough. It did have a pool of juice resting on it when I went to wrap.
Taste test shall be the judge 😁

Reactions: Winterrider
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky