Slow smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gilavette

Original poster
Jan 14, 2014
Hello from Southeastern Arizona,

I am relatively new to smoking. I have a small Brinkman charcoal/wood  and a Charbroil grill propane burner I use with a cast iron wood pan for chips if it is cold and or windy. I have only smoked 1 brisket (turned out very good) several chickens and several slabs of ribs. Would like to smoke some fish. I also want to learn about cold smoking. I have had trouble with my Brinkman coming up to temp. seems I need to leave the door wide open to keep it up to temp but the it seems to get to hot or burns very fast, so hope to hear some hints as what to do to cure this problem. Just purchased a MES 30 and am anxious to start learning with that also.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of great info and folks willing to assist when you need something. All the best to you.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky