Slim Jim creator dies of Covid

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sad for any family to lose a member.
At 95 contracting just about anything besides the common cold could've done him in.
The Flu or Pneumonia would've likely been a death sentence too.
I'd like to know if he had other significant health issues besides his advanced age that'd pose a danger themselves and/ or complicate Covid.

Last edited:
I would love to eat the amount of sausage he probably had and still attain 95 years!
Then again, per the article, Adams was a World War II veteran who survived the Battle of the Bulge despite being shot in the head... so he was a pretty tough character.
Talk about "when men were men"!

World War II veteran who survived the Battle of the Bulge despite being shot in the head... so he was a pretty tough character.
Talk about "when men were men"

The Greatest Generation was certainly that. They were children surviving the Great Depression and the Great Plains Dust Bowl. Then by the time they got to be High School Seniors, really still Boys, went off to Europe and the Pacific Islands to Fight in WWII...I'd like to see how many Millennial's and Gen Z kids could do the same...Without there Smart Phones!☺...JJ

OK. This is just weird timing and have to post. I routinely take an hour drive and am guilty of stopping for a snack and beverage. One time, my favorite Jack Link's Peppered beef was sold out so decided to try a Slim Jim Tabasco. WOW was that good! I was so impressed that I was determined to try and start to develop something similar and have been researching like crazy. Learned the Slim Jim has been around since 1928. No idea it was around that long. Mr. Adams developed the current formula in use in 1990. Timing is weird in that I made my version this past weekend and actually tasted them for the first time yesterday. Turned out better than expected but not good enough to do a write up. Incidentally, I met Randy Savage one time and he was one heck of a nice guy and nothing like his stage persona. Oh yeahhh!

Sad for any family to lose a member.
At 95 contracting just about anything besides the common cold could've done him in.
The Flu or Pneumonia would've likely been a death sentence too.
I'd like to know if he had other significant health issues besides his advanced age that'd pose a danger themselves and/ or complicate Covid.
I'd like to know if it was really Covid-19 or just old age.

Be careful with those type of questioning questions. May get the covid mafia targeting you. LOL
Just giving you a hard time. While I know the virus is real and can cause serious problems for some, I also know belive numbers are being skewed and for various reasons a fear agenda is being pushed and has gotten me chastised.
I'm sure some vegan is blaming animal proteins in combo with covid as the root cause.

Reactions: JLeonard
Yes, that was my implication.
I know of two people that have died for reasons other than Covid, one from diabetes/heart disease and the other from post surgery complications.
But due to a positive posthumous Covid test the death was ruled Covid.

Last edited:
Reactions: phathead69
The Greatest Generation was certainly that. They were children surviving the Great Depression and the Great Plains Dust Bowl. Then by the time they got to be High School Seniors, really still Boys, went off to Europe and the Pacific Islands to Fight in WWII...I'd like to see how many Millennial's and Gen Z kids could do the same...Without there Smart Phones!☺...JJ

Certainly wasn't only WW2 Boys.
Like many of my Friends & Brothers, I was already back from Vietnam, and still not old enough to Vote.
If I wanted a case of Beer, I had to take my Wife along, so she could pay for it. I wasn't old enough.
It's in the song, "You're old enough to Die, but not for Voting".
LOL---My Phone was also attached to the wall.

Bear

John, no doubt the BOOMERS, picked up where their Dad's left off when called to Vietnam. Sadly you did not get the recognition you deserved until many years later. But now people know...JJ

Reactions: Bearcarver
...I met Randy Savage one time and he was one heck of a nice guy and nothing like his stage persona....
Well, that's what acting is all about! And the dramatic arts have permeated more of modern life than just "wrestling".
"There's no such thing as bad publicity" seems the mantra of modern social media.

Reactions: zwiller
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky