Sirloin tip roast and pork tenderloins

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Sirloin tip roast and pork tenderloins. Nothing special but figured id share a few pics

Rubbed the beef down with carnavore black and the pork with wannarub.
0822201651.jpg

Both smoked at 225° . pulled the tenderloins at 137° and pulled the tip roast at 130°
Here they are off the smoker and ready to rest before slicing.
0822201808.jpg
0822201838.jpg

And next up some sliced pics!
0822202042.jpg
0822202110a.jpg

I only sliced a couple thick slices of the tip roast for us to try it with our dinner. The rest will be sliced thin later for sandwiches this week.

Also had some cauliflower " mac n cheese" topped with some tiger sauce and a little rub. And then some sweet potato tots!
0822202121.jpg

All was good! Thanks for taking a look!

Very nice Travis all looks delicious. How was the gunpowder on the roast?
Thanks Jake! Yes it was good! I will say I let it sit on the counter for a little while before it went on the smoker.....the outside texture was very soft and had an "iron" taste to it.....not bad.. almost reminded me of a liver taste. But in a good way. Had to be the rub that did that. Never had that before. I'm gonna do another two and let one sit and rub one right before it goes on to see if I'm right.

All looks really good! Both look like cooked to perfection, very nice.

Ryan

Looks delicious Travis. Perfectly cooked too. Nice work, and that color both inside and out is excellent.

That's a fine plate of grub Travis. I could dig my teeth into some of that.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks delicious Travis. Perfectly cooked too. Nice work, and that color both inside and out is excellent.
Thank you! Those tenderloins came out perfect! And the rubs helped with the color!

Perfect cook on the meats .
Tell me about the cauliflower mac .
Thanks chop! Nothing special on the cauliflower. It was a steamable bag and then some velveta and shreded cheddar melted into it. Topped it with some tiger sauce and some wannarub....it was good but not as good as it could have been. Wife wants to eat a little less carbs so this was our stand in for mac n cheese. I'm gonna work on something a little better.....but this was ok for on the fly.

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky