Silly question about wrappin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

banderson7474

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 24, 2016
Alabama (near Auburn)
so i have a butt on now and i want to pan it later to catch the juices but also want to wrap it in butcher paper. Should i wrap the entire pan or wrap the meat and put it in the pan? I think the 2nd way i just need to be careful about keeping the juices when i unwrap. Sounds like a silly question i know.

Also for taking temp, do most just puncture thru the paper or do they unwrap to stick it?

Can u tell im a newb when it comes to butcher paper haha

Wrapping in butcher paper will result in the loss of some of the juices. You would be better off putting it in a pan and covering with foil. You will have NO loss of the juices and it will be much neater when you go to remove it from your cooker.

Wrapping in butcher paper will result in the loss of some of the juices. You would be better off putting it in a pan and covering with foil. You will have NO loss of the juices and it will be much neater when you go to remove it from your cooker.

Not arguing but why would i lose juices if wrap in paper if i put it all in a pan?

ok got it. Was just wanting to try paper but i dont want to sacrifice the juices bc im going to defat it and pour it back.

Im also making that finishing sauce that everyone loves. Cant remember the original inventor of that right now

ok got it. Was just wanting to try paper but i dont want to sacrifice the juices bc im going to defat it and pour it back.

Im also making that finishing sauce that everyone loves. Cant remember the original inventor of that right now

Sometimes word association helps...
SoFlaquer's - South Florida Quers :emoji_thumbsup:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky