Should I?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
I went to the The River Rat cheese store and bought some cheese. I've smoked probably 200 pounds of cheese over the years. But I think some of this cheese should be spared from the smoke.

curds.jpg

This is ok.

PB150023.jpg

No problem....

PB160007.jpg

This might get me strung up for smoking! I am really tempted. Wife thinks I'm crazy!

Smoke some of the curds and put them in Fries and Gravy and make yourself some Great Canadian Poutine LOL
Oh yeah, I'll be making Poutine for sure. I made that about a year ago with some smoked curds. It was fantastic.

Reactions: 2Mac
I think I would smoke it all! You could use the smoked curds in a antipasto. Check out this recipe ut looks good. Although I would add in some other olives personally.

Reactions: Steve H
I’d say smoke the curds and have some poutine.

As for the aged cheddar, I would enjoy it for what it is.

Go for it!

Have you tried Great Lakes Cheese?

Especially the Adams Reserve Cheddar...

I live very close to both Clayton and Adams, but prefer Great Lakes over River Rat.

I've never smoked cheese Steve. I've had 14 year-old single malt scotch whisky a number of times, I'd tend to leave it the way it is. RAY

I'd leave the curds and the well aged alone but smoke the extra sharp. 8 and 14YO?!?!?!?! WOW. I think I now have some smoked cheddar about 5YO. Need to put more down.

Reactions: Steve H
Go for it!

Have you tried Great Lakes Cheese?

Especially the Adams Reserve Cheddar...

I live very close to both Clayton and Adams, but prefer Great Lakes over River Rat.

I have had them as well. That company has some good cheese too.

I'd leave the curds and the well aged alone but smoke the extra sharp. 8 and 14YO?!?!?!?! WOW. I think I now have some smoked cheddar about 5YO. Need to put more down.

The aged cheese is out of this world good. I went back this morning for some 16 and 18 year old. But they were out. I should have got some yesterday when they had some.

Reactions: zwiller
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky