• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Should I?

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
I went to the The River Rat cheese store and bought some cheese. I've smoked probably 200 pounds of cheese over the years. But I think some of this cheese should be spared from the smoke.

curds.jpg

This is ok.

PB150023.jpg

No problem....

PB160007.jpg

This might get me strung up for smoking! I am really tempted. Wife thinks I'm crazy!

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Smoke some of the curds and put them in Fries and Gravy and make yourself some Great Canadian Poutine LOL
Oh yeah, I'll be making Poutine for sure. I made that about a year ago with some smoked curds. It was fantastic.

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
I’d say smoke the curds and have some poutine.

As for the aged cheddar, I would enjoy it for what it is.

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
WOW
That's what life is all about decisions decisions decisions then you hope you made the right choice.

Warren

BandCollector

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 4, 2009
What I am wondering is Why are you hesitating?

John

bill ace 350

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 28, 2013
Go for it!

Have you tried Great Lakes Cheese?

Especially the Adams Reserve Cheddar...

I live very close to both Clayton and Adams, but prefer Great Lakes over River Rat.

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
I've never smoked cheese Steve. I've had 14 year-old single malt scotch whisky a number of times, I'd tend to leave it the way it is. RAY

zwiller

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 16, 2016
I'd leave the curds and the well aged alone but smoke the extra sharp. 8 and 14YO?!?!?!?! WOW. I think I now have some smoked cheddar about 5YO. Need to put more down.

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for the like Steve it is appreciated.

Warren

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Go for it!

Have you tried Great Lakes Cheese?

Especially the Adams Reserve Cheddar...

I live very close to both Clayton and Adams, but prefer Great Lakes over River Rat.
I have had them as well. That company has some good cheese too.

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
I'd leave the curds and the well aged alone but smoke the extra sharp. 8 and 14YO?!?!?!?! WOW. I think I now have some smoked cheddar about 5YO. Need to put more down.
The aged cheese is out of this world good. I went back this morning for some 16 and 18 year old. But they were out. I should have got some yesterday when they had some.

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Bummer - hind sight foresight.

Warren

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.