Short Ribs and Little Wings with Potato Wedges ( all small things lol )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Short Ribs and Little Wings with Potato Wedges ( all small things lol )

So felt like a few things today so pulled out some Chuck Short Ribs and Split Chicken Wings

Coated the ribs and the wings in Lowry's Seasoning and into the smoker at 350F with Hickory chips
once I put them in the smoker it hovered around 300F - 340 F when ever I opened to do something.

After 1 hour in the smoker, Ribs at 164deg. . Wrapped them in foil and soya sauce and back in the smoker.
Than half hour later I coated 3/4 of the wings with hickory BBQ sauce. In case I am told later that someone ( Mona ) does not like Hickory BBQ sauce

Price of the ribs was up than and now its even worse
DSC_4836.JPG
DSC_4825.JPG

DSC_4826.JPG

DSC_4827.JPG

DSC_4828.JPG

In the last 45 minutes I put in a basket some potato seasoned wedges, and I added a little pepper and light spray of Canola cooking spray and in the top shelf of the smoker

Everything was done in approximately 2 + hours

DSC_4830.JPG

DSC_4831.JPG

DSC_4832.JPG

Heated up Jalapeno Cheese sauce for the potatoes and made up my plate. The wedges were nice and crunchy.

DSC_4833.JPG

DSC_4834.JPG

This was good and filling and Mona even liked the Hickory BBQ sauce.
Thanks for making it to the end. It's still early here so I can see a snack of ribs and wings later while watching the boob tube

David

Last edited:
That nice mix of goodies you got there David. It all looks scrumptious.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Good looking ribs. Now I want some. Holy moly those are expensive. I haven’t bought those in years but my local Stater Bros would sell them at the butcher counter in their house sauce, kind of a a teriyaki ish flavor but they were 7.99 back then. I thought that was expensive, that’s why I stoped purchasing them. I’ll check tomorrow and chime back if I remember. Good looking meal all around though.

Price of the ribs was up than and now its even worse
That looks great David, it really does. Yes, the price is ridiculous and the price of wings is, as well. At the current and future predicted prices, it may be a long time before I can cook beef short ribs OR wings...

Good looking ribs. Now I want some. Holy moly those are expensive. I haven’t bought those in years but my local Stater Bros would sell them at the butcher counter in their house sauce, kind of a a teriyaki ish flavor but they were 7.99 back then. I thought that was expensive, that’s why I stoped purchasing them. I’ll check tomorrow and chime back if I remember. Good looking meal all around though.

Thanks Steve for the comment

Thanks about the meal, it was great.

As for the short ribs, it is one of my favorite cut of beef. We don't get it that often as it is quite high. But I bought 2 packs back in December because I needed it , lol I can't figure out how they call it a family pack with 4 strips in it . That is just a reg meal for me , ok than, 1 strip for Mona and 3 for me.

I really enjoyed this pack today also. It will be awhile before I but it again. As the price is even higher...Or until I get a craving again.

David

Wow! Those look awesome, great meal! I love short ribs, so tasty! Crushed it like always David! Points!

Thanks Jed for the love and the comment

Short ribs is one of my favorite cuts of beef. This was so juicy and full of flavor.
Going to have to work some overtime so I can buy some more. lol

David

That looks great David, it really does. Yes, the price is ridiculous and the price of wings is, as well. At the current and future predicted prices, it may be a long time before I can cook beef short ribs OR wings...

Thanks Charles for the comment

Was a great meal and I just snuck a couple pieces off of tomorrows plate of food , I think Mona's share lol
Yes between the prices of the meats that I really like and the Gas to go and pick up the food , Gas went up again here today to $2.10 per liter which = $ 7.96 a gallon in Canadian $$ ( 3.789 liters to a US gallon )
Looks like a lot more peanut butter sandwiches coming my way. ha ha

David

Looks great David! That's the expertise in cooking small things...you can eat many more small pieces and not feel as guilty of over indulging! Not that it bothers me lol!

Ryan

• Haha
Looks great David! That's the expertise in cooking small things...you can eat many more small pieces and not feel as guilty of over indulging! Not that it bothers me lol!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan for the like and the comment

Yes hard to get a good read on temps while smoking the smalls. But they worked out real gooood.
And its more like just snacking , so you can have lots more that way. :emoji_laughing::emoji_smiling_imp:

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky