Shirley, you want some ribs...?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RedSkip

Fire Starter
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 11, 2020
Sienna, TX
1678584760447.png

Starting my fire and coming up to temp prior to tossing on the baby backs.

1678584730489.png

Nice pull, subtle smoke ring, and a clean bite. What else could you ask for?

Process:
Smoked at 250F with minor temperature swings between 225-275 F. Utilized a combination of Post Oak and Hickory wood, which honestly gave a really minor smoke profile. I was quote surprised by the mildness, perhaps it was due to a clean fire?

Recipe:
Peel membrane and utilize Malcom Reed's "AP Rub". Applied a binder (mustard) and coated with "THE BBQ Rub". Let it rest for 20 minutes while the smoker was coming up to temperature. 2-2-0.5 for the Method. Once probing at 204 F, I pulled and sauced with Blues Hog "Original", and a light dusting of Heath Riles "Honey Rub". The rub melted into the sauce and gave an extra pop of sweetness. Basted three times every 7-10 minutes with sauce only to set the sticky glaze. Once set, rested on the baking sheet prior to slicing.

It's always a win when the kids ask for more ribs before they've had their mac-n-cheese...Thanks for looking!

- Skip

Now that's a fine example of ribs. Nice Job

Point for sure
Chris

They look great! Good thing I have 3 dogs to help clean me up... I'd have sauce everywhere lol!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky